Nextbase 312GW

TurboD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Nextbase 312GW dashcam which is powered from the cigarette lighter in my vehicle, when I start the car the cam powers up but does not go into record mode unless I press the record button, I was under the impression as soon as it received power it would start recording, am I doing something wrong or is there something I need to change on the cam, any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

Have you tried resetting the device through the menu options? This will put it back into initial start mode. Try reset, power off via the button and turn ignition off. Then turn ignition on, and hopefully that will sort it.

Is your lighter socket constantly live or does it power down with the engine off?

Also, have you got the power lead going into the GPS unit or the dashcam itself?

Have you tried resetting the device through the menu options? This will put it back into initial start mode. Try reset, power off via the button and turn ignition off. Then turn ignition on, and hopefully that will sort it.

Is your lighter socket constantly live or does it power down with the engine off?

Also, have you got the power lead going into the GPS unit or the dashcam itself?

Tried resetting didn't work, lighter socket is only live when ignition is on and the power lead goes into the GPS unit not the cam, I have got the files to install new firmware which I will do tonight and see if that works, mine is only on 4.1, I now have 4.4 so hopefully that will work, if not I will be trying other things. thanks for your response.

Problem Solved, updated Firmware and works as it says on the tin now!!

Back