Nextbase 322 Firmware update

KBeee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Connecting my dashcam to my laptop via the USB cable, and turning the camera on, all I get is a screen on the camera saying

"Firmware Update
Use MyNextbase Player to update your Dash Cam Firmware, by selecting "Update Dash Cam" "

I did this and the software was updated, but I still get the same message every time I turn the camera on.
MyNextbase Player tells me I already have the latest firmware installed, but I'm still stuck at the "Firmware Update" screen on the camera.
Pressing the reset button doesn't help.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hello,

That's correct, the dashcam is designed to remember the last mode it was previously connected to the computer in. If you would like to change the mode, please follow the below.

1. Unplug USB from Dashcam.
2. Press the reset button on the underside of the dashcam.
3. Insert the USB cable. You should now see three options on the dashcam's screen.

If the above does not show the three options, please try the above with a different USB port on your computer.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

That's correct, the dashcam is designed to remember the last mode it was previously connected to the computer in. If you would like to change the mode, please follow the below.

1. Unplug USB from Dashcam.
2. Press the reset button on the underside of the dashcam.
3. Insert the USB cable. You should now see three options on the dashcam's screen.

If the above does not show the three options, please try the above with a different USB port on your computer.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support
Thanks Millie,
plugging it into a different USB port on the laptop worked :)

I just updated f/w. I had same issue as OP. I also had issue where the USB device attached to PC then detached repeatedly. I had not used the 322 for a while. I was getting frustrated. I decided to leave the unnit to charge for an hour.... then all worked well. Seems, even though plugged into PC, there isn't enough power to sustain connectivity.

SO: I guess, I'll state, that when making a f/w update one should make sure the battery is sufficiently charged beforehand as the USB connection does not supply power either at all, or insufficiently.

I'm not a fan of updating via a PC connection.

I've always downloaded to a SDCard and used that via a wall socket & mobile phone charger

I'm not a fan of updating via a PC connection.

I've always downloaded to a SDCard and used that via a wall socket & mobile phone charger
I can't disagree, just that I am suspicious of the USB power not being enough to keep the unit powered long enough for the update to finalize. Many might not have the wall plug & cig lighter adapter in their homes.

Also, if you're not technically savvy you may have the USB ports to 'allow to go to sleep' which causes havoc with some devices.

Always ensure this feature is turned off (unticked) :

F35PDjI.jpg

Unfortunately all USB ports are ticked by default. It's one of my first jobs when I install a new PC.

There's also other sleep settings that are a pain.

Unfortunately all USB ports are ticked by default. It's one of my first jobs when I install a new PC.

There's also other sleep settings that are a pain.
Thanks! Just went thru all mine and am taking your advice. Thank you.

This one can also produce unexpected results with USB connected devices with storage randomly going to sleep:

Back