Nextbase 322gw dashcam sticky mount

EvilPraetorian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, New user here.

Bought a brand new Nextbase 322gw yesterday from currys pc world to replace my cheapo thing that I had off ebay.

On fitting the 3m mount, I noticed some of it was touching the raised black dots on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and of course this meant that the dashcam view had those dots on the top left which was a bit distracting to be honest.

So, in my stupidity, I pulled the sticky mount off the windscreen and now I've found a place to set it, it won't re-stick to the windscreen and with the weight of the camera, it keeps falling off.

It's a bit silly that nextbase doesn't supply a few spare sticky mounts in the event this happens or even to enable users to swap the camera easily between cars.

I dont want to return the camera to currys for a replacement under warranty even though I'd be right to, Does anybody know how to get hold of nextbase to send me a couple of replacement sticky mounts for free?

Thanks all.

I have a roll of 3M VHB 4611F tape which I've successfully used many times in the last several years to replace the adhesive on dashcam mounts.

Thanks for the reply but I dont think that should even be an option, Nextbase totally needs to supply additional sticky pads for circumstances exactly like mine.

It's just not possible to get the dashcam centred exactly with the sticky pad, removing the pad off the windscreen just ruins the sticky material altogether :(

The sticky pads are really one time use. Did you originally clean the windscreen where you mounted the cam with alcohol? If not then that might account for why it now keeps falling off. When I mounted my Viofo I stuck it down and then did remount it using the same mount tape but on both occasions I had cleaned the area with alcohol.

Hi all, New user here.

Bought a brand new Nextbase 322gw yesterday from currys pc world to replace my cheapo thing that I had off ebay.

On fitting the 3m mount, I noticed some of it was touching the raised black dots on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror and of course this meant that the dashcam view had those dots on the top left which was a bit distracting to be honest.

So, in my stupidity, I pulled the sticky mount off the windscreen and now I've found a place to set it, it won't re-stick to the windscreen and with the weight of the camera, it keeps falling off.

It's a bit silly that nextbase doesn't supply a few spare sticky mounts in the event this happens or even to enable users to swap the camera easily between cars.

I dont want to return the camera to currys for a replacement under warranty even though I'd be right to, Does anybody know how to get hold of nextbase to send me a couple of replacement sticky mounts for free?

Thanks all.
Hi there,

Please private message me with your name and address and I'll get a new Adhesive Mount dispatched to you.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Millie is great at helping issues like this - nice one!

(PS, there should have been a spare in the box anyway? One on the mount and one in the box?)

A quick tip (for anyone needing to remove 3M) gently heat the area and it will peel away very easily and should stay sticky enough. I have done it a fair few times with various dashcams.

Attachments

• nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 6
Talk about great customer service.

Thanks very much @millie-nextbase
Brilliant aren't they. If only more companies looked after their customers the way Nextbase do.
Only make Dashcam I'll ever use. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I had the exact same problem, I positioned the mount in the wrong place first time around then getting it off destroyed the double-sided pad. I reverted to the suction mount although that's a lot bulkier.

I now have the problem that after several years the suction mounts in both our cars will no longer hold securely however carefully I clean the cup and glass. I would like to replace them both with self-adhesive types but when I visit the NextBase online shop I can only find the suction types. Self-adhesive clones are available from the likes of Amazon and Ebay but all the sellers are based in China and I won't deal with them on principle so does anyone know where I can buy a couple NOT made in or sold from China?

Why don't you buy some from Nextbase in Wales?

Ring Nextbase Support and ask them on the phone if they can send you a couple.

all the sellers are based in China and I won't deal with them on principle so does anyone know where I can buy a couple NOT made in or sold from China?
If your cam itself wasn't made in China then most of what is inside of it was, so your logic of not buying from China doesn't make a lot of sense here. If it weren't for Chinese-made dashcams I'd likely have only one older model made in Korea instead of the nearly full coverage I have now simply because of the cost. Don't get me wrong, for I am in full support of buying from and supporting locally owned businesses and I do that whenever possible as should everyone :cool: But even if you source what you need locally it may still have been made in China and you're still supporting that trade, just more indirectly. It makes no sense to hurt oneself when you don't have to. And there can be benefits in having some electronics made elsewhere.

There were two factories in my area which made capacitors; both have long since shut down leaving a legacy of pollution behind which still adversely affects everyone here. One of these polluted my favorite fishing spot on a lake, rendering the fish caught there too dangerous to eat, and that will be the situation there for the next 50+ years according to the experts who did all the clean-up possible :cry: So personally I'd rather see that kind of pollution happen elsewhere if it cannot be eradicated, and by having that production in China my own part of the world is much better off in the long run.

The bottom line is that in today's world we often have to spend elsewhere instead of locally when what we want isn't produced locally, and a xenophobic attitude about that will not benefit you or me or anyone else.

Phil

Yep, not in my back yard thank you. Take your avoidable pollution elsewhere.:eek: Where is Greta when you need her? :ROFLMAO:

I've emailed UK support asking if they can supply some mounts, pointing out that I couldn't find them on any of their websites. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, response I get.

In one of the other threads on this topic someone commented in September that the NextBase staff don't seem to have been monitoring the Forum lately.

NB people haven't posted here in months and apparently are not monitoring these forums anymore either :( Members here who have e-mailed NB have reported some slow responses unless a support ticket was filed and they recommend telephoning NB directly as the best method of communicating with them now. Peer-to-peer support is still good here as always (y)

Phil

Reading the original post is the whole mount required or just a replacement sticky pad or 2

They spoke of the whole sticky mount being missing after having switched to the sucker mount. Sounds like something that would happen to me...

Phil

I positioned the mount in the wrong place first time around then getting it off destroyed the double-sided pad. I reverted to the suction mount although that's a lot bulkier.
Sounds just like the sticky pads to me. This is for Dogfish, not Evilthingy who hasn't been back since March

Back