Nextbase 322GW parking mode problem

bilolid

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,

While in parking mode, my hardwired 322GW front + rear with 32 Go Nextbase SD card records 30 seconds every 5 minutes of the night.

Does anyone should advise me what to do so as to get the PM recording only when the G sensor feels something ?

I had the hardwiring installed by my mechanicus. He told me that he set both a wire to the main battery (so the cams should receive energy all the time) and a wire to the fuse that tells the cam wether the engine has started or not, so the cam should know when PM has to start.

What can I do to fix the problem ?

The protected file weight is almost half of the SD. That is not reliable

Thank

Some informations about the 322GW settings : firmware = R19.9, SD Card fab ID = 27 ; G Sensor = medium ; timelapse = STOP ; parking mode = enabled

Last edited:
Hello,

I'd recommend:
1. Updating your cam to R21.5 firmware.
2. Trying a different permanently live fuse (not directly attached to the battery).
3. Ensuring you're using a suitable SD card.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I have no other permanent live fuse, only the battery one, according to the mechanicus I paid 250 euros for...

How can I update the cam ?

What vehicle do you have please? There's usually a forum online that will show you the layout of the internal fuses and which are permanently live. In most cars there's usually a mixture of switch and permanently live fuses.

If you download the computer app, MyNextbase Player, you can update via the app.
Download the computer app here- MyNextbase Player.
Plug the Dashcam into your computer, select 'Firmware Update' on the dashcam's screen, then select 'Update Dashcam' on the app.

Alternatively you can manually load the update. Here's the 322GW Support Page where you can download the R21.5 update: 322GW Support Page.
Here's the update instructions: Update instructions

Kind regards,
Millie

I ride a 2022 ZE 50 Renault ZOE. Here is the fuse table after dashcam installation. I have been told by the mechanicus that the permanent supplied wire linked to the car battery was the red one that is rounded by a blue circle. He told me to switch it off whenever I want to disable energy supplying while parked.

Zoe_Fuse.jpg

Hi,

At the end of the red wire is a fuse tap. Like so:
1643191028942.png
This fuse tap inserts into the car's fuse box, and the fuse that's already in the fuse box can be attached to the fuse tap. E.g.
1643191151772.png1643191431114.png
I can see that the manual for your Zoe recommends using fuse position that is currently occupied and not an empty one. Do you know if the mechanic tried any of the other fuses above to see if they were permanently live?

Kind regards,
Millie

Attachments

• 1643191092745.png
    1643191092745.png
    609.1 KB · Views: 1
Back