Nextbase 380GW Discrete

I'd be interested in seeing how "discreet" the installation is. Is it visible from driver/passenger seats when mounted behind the rear-view mirror?

The 380 user guide is available and that gives more clues. I do like it.

I had a email from Nextbase UK confirming that "for now" it's only available to purchase via their website on line.
To gauge the size of it, I'd like to see it in the palm of someone's hand, because it looks pretty big in the photos next to that rear view mirror. Or possibly stick a one pound coin to the outside of the windscreen next to the dash cam so it gives us a idea of size.
I'm holding off until there is more feedback on it.

It does fit behind the rear view mirror but I wouldn’t have got any decent photos then. The measurements are in the manual but if you want it next to something I can upload a different photo showing?

If you could, that would be appreciated.

It does fit snugly behind the mirror but of course for the photo its visible.
1517846694076.png

Thanks, that does help.

According to the sales dept it “would probably be released into retailers in the next few months.” I’ve got some Halfords vouchers I’d like to make use of, I’d wait until it’s available there. Having read online reviews about nextbase dashcams, I was going to buy 512GW. But this one looks more discreet so I’ll hold off.

I wonder if it has a built in polarising filter ?

I was quite surprised how susceptible the 412 is to sunlight compared to my 402. The addon polarising filter has helped the 412 but this unit doesn't look like any addon filter is possible.

Can’t even add it to basket on nextbase website anymore!

TBH it may not need it.

My old trusty 402 never needed a filter and sun on the windscreen never seemed to bother it.

I'd like to get hold of a raw file to see how good it is.

I will get some footage today and upload, the lens is a lot closer to the windscreen than other models.

Yes, and if it can't see the dash it may be OK without.

I've taken a little bit - weather is horrendous here in Caerphilly today (naturally)!

Will upload in a moment.

Could you speak to them please, and if you can use your special powers to persuade them to sell just one, that would be even better

Thanks

I'll try and send some sun over next week so you can dazzle the lens.

That footage look good. How does it perform in low light/night conditions?

The footage looks very good, would like to see night time footage when available

Back