Nextbase 380GW Discrete

Just had confirmation - the 380GW will be for sale in Halfords at a later date, likely the summer.

It's only for sale on our commercial website at the moment, currently re stocking.

Directed at fleets initially so only 2+ orders.

A later date then ......

Will Halfords be retailing the 380gw at £149?

Also what comes in the box as standard? Thanks

That's good we can read up on the manual before purchasing. Good to know that there’s an voice activation to let the user know whether there is an sd card failure problem etc, i know other models that already do this. What happens if you decide to relocate the dashcam in the future will it come with extra 3m adhesive pads? I’m sure someone has already mentioned this, but when initially setting up the camera the only way to set it up (adjust settings) is to have it connected to Wi-fi via the nextbase app?

I think you connect it to your phone then offer it up to the screen and move/slide it about before you take the sticky backing off.

Once you have a position then it's a careful stick to get it straight.

I did read somewhere that there is another 3M pad in the box.

Not having a screen I guess you can position it more behind the mirror. Just need to remember it slides off upwards so don't fit too high.

My car has a large black dotty area surrounding the rearview mirror so I will stick in there and just have the lens poking out from underneath.

Yeah the black dotted area is a good idea, as from past experience the suction mount doesn’t like to be placed there lol! Was the lens itself rotatable to get your preferred vision of the road etc?

From memory, Tiffany to correct me, but I think the lens 'ball' is only adjustable vertically, it's fixed straight ahead.

I can't see that being a problem.

It adjusts up and down - not side to side so using the App you can select the correct position before taking the adhesive covering off.

It does come with an extra adhesive pad in case you change vehicles.

Or need a replacement windscreen, like I did 2 years ago :(

Haha yeah that’s another issue, windscreen replacement and you have an adhesive mount! That’s ok if it’s only adjustable up/down at least you know the lens will be centred and will never be out of central left/right alignment

Just a thought.

Currently I keep my 402 and 412 trickle charged up with the PC USB when I haven't used them in a week.

Being as the 380 has a capacitor and no battery then the unit doesn't need this ? Just leave it and it will power up, even after a long disconnection ?

Last edited:
Yes, it will only last 5 seconds after the power is cut.

No need to charge at all, just plug and play.

I'm assuming you've already got the App because you've got a 412GW?

Yes, I have the app but not connected to my 412.

I bring the unit indoors and offload via USB to the PC.

Can you buy an extra mount for them? I would be looking at sharing between 3 cars..

I don’t think the 380gw is designed to be changed between vehicle that’s why it is instantly installed into the windscreen with a strong adhesive pad. The 380gw is mainly a dashcam Aimed at the company’s with lots of vehicles and stay within that vehicle

Fair point.

The lens is on a ball that is a good tight fit. If you were regularly moving it between different sloping windscreens and had to adjust it, it may loosen with continual use. Plus probably be covered in fingermarks as it's not that easy to swivel.

3 identical cars or ones with the same windscreen angle would work though.

Actually removing and attaching the main unit to the mount is very quick and easy because unlike the stalk units it's a one handed job as there is no moving ball joint to try and hold still.

Fair point.

The lens is on a ball that is a good tight fit. If you were regularly moving it between different sloping windscreens and had to adjust it, it may loosen with continual use. Plus probably be covered in fingermarks as it's not that easy to swivel.

3 identical cars or ones with the same windscreen angle would work though.

Actually removing and attaching the main unit to the mount is very quick and easy because unlike the stalk units it's a one handed job as there is no moving ball joint to try and hold still.
we were talking about this tonight, i may have a 4th car coming later in the year, all have different windscreen angles. So it looks like I will need to get 4.. better start saving a bit lol..

Back