Nextbase 380GW Discrete

That footage looks superb - want one (y)

The most obvious to me was the zero vibration which makes it look sharper.

Must reread the manual to ensure the main body with SD is easily removed to store it indoors and extract the hi-res clips.

Neat, something else for sure, but i cant really see anything i could point my fingers at.

The only small snag is the side covers that need a fingernail :eek: ;)

It slides up and off the mounting, so leaving around 1cm between the roof lining is enough.

1518367214785.png

look nice, hope some tester - reviewer /s will soon have some feedback on this.

As soon as it's retail in Halfords I'm in

look nice, hope some tester - reviewer /s will soon have some feedback on this.

Unlikely as it's on the market now, and nobody here has got one except Our Lady Tiff.

I saw an early file which showed it's promise though, and this shows it off better again

This type of design is definitely a winner all round winner for the front sloping front windscreen design, it’s very well hidden & obviously not distracting like dash cams are these days with long wires hanging out of windscreen trims & long window auction mounts in eyes view etc.

The one other thing that would be useful to know is the alignment angles.

My 412 only just angles, and that's with a modified mount that Tiffany sent me, the original mount had the camera pointing too far skywards with no more adjustment possible. This is because my cars windscreen is deeply raked and the 412 stalk is as far back as it will go and hard up against the mount.

I had a go at the buying route but it was taking me round in circles. It said something like 'buy from Nextbase' but when I clicked it it went back to the main page.
Just wanted to see if it was 2 devices only still.

Hi everybody.
I'll have one of these when/if they become available retail.
One small point though, has it got a built in polarising filter or can one be attached? They are brilliant at removing windscreen reflections.

EDIT: Reading back, I see it can't.

Last edited:
If you want to be discrete I don't understand why is written so evident that NEXTBASE on the front of the camera?
For me is like some engineers are working so hard to make a great discrete camera and then some marketing guy came with the idea to put a big logo to kill the designers and engineers work.

enjoy,
Mtz

Agreed, but a strip of black insulating tape or a quick squirt of matt black paint should do the trick there.

First hurdle is getting one
mjCMDN8.gif

Agreed, but a strip of black insulating tape or a quick squirt of matt black paint should do the trick there.
Of course there are solutions, but in some country if you will paint that logo you will lose the warranty. Why to complicate the simple and great things?

enjoy,
Mtz

The one other thing that would be useful to know is the alignment angles.

My 412 only just angles, and that's with a modified mount that Tiffany sent me, the original mount had the camera pointing too far skywards with no more adjustment possible. This is because my cars windscreen is deeply raked and the 412 stalk is as far back as it will go and hard up against the mount.

@Kremmen I have found something that may help with this. It might seem counter intuitive but... bear with me.

The first photo is how customers usually fit them, the second is the mount swivelled 180 degrees, it points more towards the road and usually is a better image.

1518702476891.png

Good pointer. I never considered that.

Your photo 1 does indeed show my initial issue with the stalk being 'hard up' against the mount. The photo 1 angle, just slightly upwards, is exactly what I had.

My first solution was to file a bit of plastic away:

MlZPK9Y.jpg

The Civic windscreen is quite raked at the top:

Photo taken alongside horizontal bricks for comparison

Z2Jd386.jpg

Still want a 380 though. Your next mission, should you decide to accept it, is to try and put me off. :giggle:

Last edited:
Little chance of that I would have thought K:)

Good pointer from Tiffany when I get my sticky mount though.

I've ordered a replacement one as well now.

Experiment time when it arrives.

Back