Nextbase 380GW Discrete

Love a good read....

Thanks jokiin. I'll have a look see after tea.:)

Would 380GW fit behind the rear-view mirror in a smaller car such as Seat Ibiza or Mini?

No idea as I don't have the dimensions behind the mirror. I have posted the dimensions in a previous post.

Dear Santa

Can I have a 380GW with a polarising filter and 1080p@60fps :cool:

You can, my son. It's called a BlackVue 720S. If you get the 2CH version you get a working rear cam (HD 30fps) as well.
Ah, no polarising filter, but the Nextbase one fits with a bit of ingenuity.

For what I do the 380 is quite OK, I was just thinking ahead.

As I've said before, the big bonus of the 380 is the total lack of vibration and the ease of mount/unmount because of the solid mount that is going nowhere.
After having used it in anger now I wish I had another sticky pad so I could refit it slightly higher so the top section was slightly shielded by the windscreen black dots.
There is a spare pad in the box but I want to keep that for emergencies like a new screen.

Would 380GW fit behind the rear-view mirror in a smaller car such as Seat Ibiza or Mini?
I have a seat Ibiza and was looking to purchase the 380GW when available at Halfords but was wondering the same thing? Also I’m assuming the stick 3m pad will stick to the black dotted section on the windscreen with ease?

I have posted all 3 dimensions (LxWxH) higher up this thread.

Yes, the pad sticks to the dots with ease, see my photos, higher up this thread.

Seems to be very quiet in here. Any firmware or other changes in the pipeline ?

Used mine in anger in the last month and it's done its job perfectly. Most impressive is the one handed easy mounting and removal. Unlike my 402/412 that needed 2 hands to try and stop the ball mount moving.

Oh no - I hope it wasn't a crash?!

Nothing planned for the moment, open to ideas though :) if there is something you'd like?

'In anger' meant I did close to 500 miles last month as opposed to my usual 10 miles a week :)

The only things I would like is a polarising filter (almost impossible as we've discussed) and to have smaller exposure settings as zero is too bright and -1 is too dark.

Other than it's the bees knees.

Oooooh that's good then, thought something had happened.

I'm submitting that EV .3 .6 .9 as per the "new range" list again. Glad you're still enjoying, they're really popular with company fleets for the same reasons you like it I think.

Yep, it's as easy as that, although I fitted mine on the passengers side and used the old hardwire kit that was installed for the 402 then the 412.

Looks very easy to mount/dismount wonder if Halford’s will sell these any time soon? If not I’ll hold out and see what the new range will be like.

Hoping they make the design more discreet with less visual colour on the dash cams ( all black design) & perhaps make the nextbase logo less obvious to potential thieves or place is some where on the dash cam where it’s less obtrusive to the eye

Mounting the 380 is a breeze. One handed job done in seconds. It does catch you out at first because it's also magnetic as well as the 2 pins and wraparound end.
Unlike the pendulum units you don't have to check alignment once fitted as it doesn't move, assuming like me you bring it indoors after each journey. On my 402/412, no matter how careful I was it always moved when mounting.

We've all heard rumours of a new series. If they are loosely based on this capacitor dashcam but with a quadHD lens (1080@60 or 1440@30) and built in/available dedicated CPL then I think they'll be onto a winner and I'll be straight in.

Back