Nextbase 380GW Discrete

Yeah I guess the 380gw is a permanent dash cam option instead of being to take out of a vehicle & straight into another by means of the suction mount. Hopefully they make the led charge/recording light more easier to see in darker conditions but not too obtrusive. On my new 212G it’s much more easier to see if its charging/recording in darker conditions and the led is less obtrusive to the eye but at least you know it’s on etc

The 380 plays a musical tone for start and stop recording, that's in addition to the power on tone.

Start recording is 3 rising scale bongs and stop is 3 falling scale bongs. All very intuative.

There are small lights as well but where I've got mine, behind the rearview, I can't see them from the driving position.

Hi, so is this cam any good as thinking about asking Toyota to fit one for us, I’ve heard good and bad about this cam so who better to ask but the owners of them cheers

I've removed mine, ages ago, because it has its limitations. My 2 gripes were that it had some motion blur and number plates, even cars overtaking, wern't obvious, but the big gripe for me was the lack of polarising filter or means to attach one.

On the plus side, it's small and discrete and can be mounted in secs, one handed, and is a good solid mount so you don't have to realign it.

The 380 design was a big influence in the choice of my latest unit.

Last edited:
Thanks Kremmen that’s the gripe I have as I’ve seen footage on YouTube but thought I’d ask owners of it. There are two cams that Toyota install this one and the Nextbase HD Duo which also has bad points,the mane one is that it only lasts about 13 months due to the battery limitation. So it’s have one of these two fitted so the parking mode works or any cam I want but power it by the 12v socket and have no parking mode. Which cam are you using now?

Look at my signature ;)

and I'm very pleased with it. QuadHD, high bitrate, solid mount, CPL, and very sharp footage. The bonus is that it accepts the same hardwire solution that Nextbase use so mine is powered from my old Nextbase hardwire kit.

Opps yes seen it now lol,I was interested in the Viofo A129 duo but I’m reading the Viofo A129 pro thread and it looks very interesting. It’s a shame Toyota won’t fit one of my choice just there’s but I don’t see the point in paying £250+ for one that is poor I think I’ll buy a good one and just plug it in

Back