Nextbase 402g battery replacement?

Piratez45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
Currently have a nextbase 402g which was replaced under warranty 18months ago due to the battery issue.
Unfortunately the replacement has went the same way. Does anyone know if nextbase will repair under warranty ?
Many Thanks

Honestly I'd say due to the age of the camera, I woukd look into investing into something capacitor based so you no longer runinto battery issues. All you can do I call and find out. Can't and won't hurt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About a month ago (May) I contacted Nextbase as the battery in my old duo had given up. Their tech department was very helpful. Just as well really as the only way you get to talk to them is on a premium rate number!
Anyway, they informed me that they had given up on replacing the batteries on the duo as they were damaging more than they were mending. I don't know if this would be the same for the other models as the duo is a particularly difficult model to work on. They only charge £10 for a battery so I bought one and got some very useful info on how to dismantle a duo.
I was successful in doing the job but I wouldn't advise anyone to have a go at it unless the cam in question was expendable! Never seen so many springs and washers.

I think that’s why dashcam users now urge the manufacturers to install a super capacitor battery instead & make it accessible to replace when it no longer functions. Having to strip down dashcams & pull apart ribbon cords & solder etc is abit of a work up tbh

I think the duo is probably to the extreme though. It comes apart along its length after the back plate comes off. When its apart both the lenses pop out along with loaded springs. You then have to unscrew the board to get to the battery and solder the new one in.
With most cams if they come apart there's not much to pop out other than the board but its only worth it if you can buy a new battery in the first place. Then, a year later....you need another one!

..... install a super capacitor battery instead
But a capacitor just allows the camera to shut down gracefully when power is removed. NB use the battery to power the cam in parking mode what it is triggered.

Back