Nextbase 412 GW - last video not saved to SD Card.

SaintEd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a potential incident whereby I pulled out of a side road just as a car comes around a bend at some speed - certainly faster than I think he should have been doing. Now, I know this junction very well and, under 'normal' circumstances, both of us would have had plenty of time. However, I'm already committed to pull across, bearing mind this guy is a cretin, clearly going too fast in a 30 mph zone. Whilst I'm over the road in the opposite direction, this guy is intent on me having been in his way and promptly gives me two fingers. I parked the car and took the SD card out of the camera once it was switched off and tried to play the last segment of video on the computer in order to show the world that this guy's registration, amongst other things.

Now, the last full segment of video recorded on my Nextbase 412 GW cut off about 2 to 2.5 minutes before the incident so I would have expected to have at least 2.5 mins of video off the next segment before the car ignition was switched off, ie, when I parked up. Unfortunately, there is nothing of the segment i wanted to see. That said, I surmise that, if there had been an incident where we had come together, I would have had no recorded proof of the incident.

Has anyone had something like this before?

What brand of sd card is it... sandisk ultra/extreme? What firmware are you running your 412gw on?

Have you tried a test since to see if the battery has had it ?

Start the cam via the ignition then after a short time turn the ignition off and see how much more it records. I'd have the mic active, then when I turned the ignition off count to 60. Then download and play the last file to see how far it goes.

Is the file in the protected folder?

What are the whole file names around the time of the event?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
J 412GW 22
D 412GW 7
Back