Nextbase 412gw - 128GB Micro SDXC cards?

It's a minefield of conflicting information.

MyMemory seems to recommend the Sammy EVO Plus as its No 1 choice:

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/blog/the-best-microsd-cards-for-your-dash-cam/

That recommendation is daft as a brush but was made just before the Pro Endurance came out .

Check out MyMemory's descriptions .

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/samsung-64gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-adapter-100mb-s.html

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/samsung-64gb-pro-endurance-micro-sd-card-sdxc-sd-adapter-100mb-s.html

The warranty (for the SanDisk Ultra cards for example) specifically excludes their use in dashcams and home security installations (where the card is being constantly written to).

The card may indeed work, and work fine for a period - be that days, weeks, months or years - but the fact that the manufacturer of the card will not guarantee it for use in dashcams suggests that they expect the card to fail at some point (I'm guessing sooner rather than later). As such, you use a card like the SanDisk Ultra at your own risk.

the entry level red/grey SanDisk Ultra cards should not be used in any dashcam, not because of the warranty, it's just not suitable for the task

Argos still continue to keep pushing the incorrect TLC Nand .

Av6YYGO.jpg

WARRANTY VOID !

These cards won't do the Nextbase advertised alongside any favours .

When are the big companies going to get on board , Tiffany needs to sort them out !

Last edited:
I used the sandisk ultra 64gb sd card for about year & half without any issues... that was on the previous firmware though. I’m using a 128gb Samsung evo micro sd card atm with the latest firmware & have had no issues been running with this sd card for about 2 months now

So have loads of peeps (including me {128Gb Samsunf Evo}) despite Gazwould's tales of gloom and doom.:eek:
However, having said that, if the manufacturers void the warranty if used in a dashcam for one type of card but give a dashcam warranty for a different type (High Endurance), it makes a lot of sense to use the latter:) especially if you have great OCD type concerns about loosing vital footage.:devilish:

Perhaps nextbase should brand their own sd cards to make compatible with their dashcams

And if they did, they would probably hike the price as do BlackVue/Pittasoft.

If the card works, then it is compatible. It's the longevity of the non Endurance ones that is suspect.

If you returned a dead card how would they know it had been in a dashcam ?

I agree with M8 though, next time round I'll look for a HE model, but, whilst my Sammy Evo is still going strong ....

Look at the footage on it ( assuming it have locked into read only mode )
I have made RMA on many cards with no warranty for dashcam use, and it have been no problem, i even did RMA on a 64 Gb kingston card 3 times.
I have also had some of my cards die extremely fast, but then the replacement work as expected, and not so funny enough those quick to die cards have all been top of the like U3 models from 3 different top brands ( PNY - Kingston - Trancend )

Back