Nextbase 412GW mount failure

Big D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone will be able to help. I am trying to find out where I can buy replacement parts for the mounting units. I don't really want to buy the complete GPS unit if possible.

I am having problems with the mount for my 412GW. This is the second mount which has broken on me since I bought my dashcam in August of 2017.

The securing nut snapped on the first mount. I tried to glue the snapped nut, and this in turn then caused the threaded section holding the ball in place to shear making the mount totally unusable.

This was replaced with mount number two. This mount has now failed. The rubber suction cup has come away completely from the plastic shroud, so there is now no way I can attach the camera to the windscreen.

Is there any way I can buy only the replacement ball and suction base section, without the complete GPS parts? This way I will be able to have two working bases again.

Thanks for your help with this.

Attachments

• first_mount.jpg
    first_mount.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
  • second_mount.jpg
    second_mount.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
@Tiffany - Thanks Tiffany. I have sent an email.

@Tiffany - Thanks Tiffany. A single replacement cup arrived on Saturday. I have managed to repair one of my broken mounts.

So to everyone reading this post, my original question still remains. Is there anywhere where I can buy a replacement cup and nut, so I can repair my other broken mount.

After having two break on me, I would like to have a spare handy.

I assume my link to Nextbase mounts is useless then ?

Obviously wants it for less that a fiver K.:D

Since I posted the link they are £11 and now sold out.

Must be my link creating business, as if, :cool:

Your link shows the sticky mount with the nuts etc. for £4.99

Missed that one :oops:

@M8TJT - No, not trying to get it for less than a fiver. Why should I have to buy a new base every 4 months. Also, I do not want a sticky mount, and the sticky mount has no retaining nut, which I need.

@Kremmen - I did see your link, and had looked at it. I am after only the cup and nut, and not the entire unit.

I had already bought a second mount, which also failed.

Nextbase have been very helpful in sending a single replacement cup. This is unfortunately of no use to me without the securing nut, which is why I raised the question again.

As mentioned, all I want is to be able to buy a replacement cup and nut. I really feel that the product should last at least a year before it fails, yet I have had two failures within 9 months.

Last edited:
Back