squizzy104

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just purchased the Nextbase 412GW and I have a problem its not the card its not the PC its the dam files! They are MOV (quick time) so they wont share on whatsapp or messenger and need that player installing on your PC or use VLC. ive used a samsung S6 and a S9 Plus and still the same!! Ive shortened them and no good.. I have converted a file on my PC to MP4 using DVD FAB and it plays ok then but I need access using the phone...You I cant even find the files IN THE PHONE that are downloaded as the phones are not recognizing the MOV file type..For gods sake why are they not MP4?? ive raised a ticket with them and if there's no way round it its going back as its not fit for purpose..as any one any ideas?

Last edited:
The MOV files should play on your phone/computer without VLC or our Replay 3 program.

If you want to find the files 'in the phone' please go to internal shared storage/android/data/uk.co.nextbase.camviewer.staging/files/downloads/ to find them.

You shouldn't need to convert any of them to play, I see you have been in touch, if this hasn't been resolved please get in touch on 02920 866 429 so we can help.

Many other dashcams use .mov without those issues, Both my cams use .mov, yet windows media player doesn't like the ones from my mio cams, works fine with my viofo ones

to share on messenger or WhatsApp, are you needing to send full clips anyway or would you not prefer trimming them down with one of many video editor programs many people on here can recommend? if you wanna edit clips properly before sending you can often save them into MP4 format anyway (I can on Wondershare Filmora).

AND finally, with respect... from what you've described, "not fit for purpose" doesn't apply with your complaint

Hi, new member with first request for help.

I have just edited Nextbase 412GW footage and produced my first ever 2min video which I am trying to upload on to a motoring forum from my PC. The video has been saved in .MOV format and replays successfully with Windows Media Player ( as well as by Nextbase Replay 3)

However when I try to load it in to a 'posting' via 'attach files', like the box shown below, on to the motoring forum, I get the message that the .MOV format is not supported. I have never ever carried out a task like this before so need advise as to what to do next!.

Guidence would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have tried, as an experiement, to attach a 1minute video file 2019_0502_124754_912.trim.1.mov and got the following message "The uploaded file is too large for the server to process".

I therefore assume it's an invalid file extension so still seek advice as to which is the best format to convert it too / compress it etc?.

Last edited:
You cant upload a video to this site and many others, you will have to share via a 3 partner like youtube - vimeo or something.

I'm new to dashcams and have been going over features, cameras, and options for a couple of weeks now. I know when I look at features for models I might be interested in .MOV files is an option I personally would rather not deal with. If at anytime in the future you actually need to use the source files from the dashcam. You are going to have to install additional software to transcode the video or at the very least switch to a container like MKV/MP4 that people actually use.

Why do the camera manufacturers still encode .MOV source files when H.264 / MP4 / MKV are free open source codecs and containers with better compression and widely available support?

You cant upload a video to this site and many others, you will have to share via a 3 partner like youtube - vimeo or something.

Thank you very much for your solution to my problem.

SUCCESS! I have now created my first ever dash cam video and uploaded it to YouTube. See link to T-ROC TRIO IN TRAFFORD:

I am now going to make this a new hobby and become a internet YouTuber millionaire!:geek:

Haha good luck buddy (y)

Thank you very much for your solution to my problem.

SUCCESS! I have now created my first ever dash cam video and uploaded it to YouTube. See link to T-ROC TRIO IN TRAFFORD:
I am now going to make this a new hobby and become a internet YouTuber millionaire!:geek:

was that video created with the Nextbase software?

was that video created with the Nextbase software?
Yes, I patched two 3 min Nextbase videos together then 'Trimmed' the end of one to the beginning of the next to produce the required 1m 32 s end product. I then added a red circle annotation to the second T-Roc before processing and saving to my PC's video files. However I did not use the Nextbase 'link' to YouTube as I did not have my own video Channel.

Next step was to log in to my YouTube accound and upload the video having watched a 'HOW TO......? vìdeo for creating my own YouTube Channel. The video has been produced for posting on the T- Roc enthusiast's forum and as a second thought, on this dash cam forum.

In due course, adding a suitable audio music sound track to the video will be my next learning exercise.

they're not shy on adding their branding into the videos

I don't know anything about branding etc but in due course I will be investigating on how to earn money on YouTube!..... may be a VW advert?.

I never made that much in the real world by working my ass off for a week.
Here we have a series going in TV about the so called Influence's ( people popular and making money off social media )
One guy here just got a 600 SqM house with indoor pool and what not, for the modest price of 8 million DKkr, and he have a Porsche in the driveway ASO.

I personally think this is silly people make that much money creating pretty much nothing, but i also feel the same about some jobs, for instance the paycheck of some soccer players - and F1 was ruined by Michael Schumacher and his wages, and many other things.
And dont get me started on the wages og CEOs out there, and their golden parachutes when it all go down the drain.

No matter how many views i would get on my youtube channel, i would never turn on money making thats for sure,,,,,,,,, and some may argue well that would be stupid,,,,,, and thats okay.

Internet £££income......... I'm just fantasizing
;)

they're not shy on adding their branding into the videos
I've been studying the 'editing' options on my YouTube video and note that I can trim away the Nextbase branding at the beginning & end of the video if I want to. In this case I am happy to leave well alone. I have also included a metadata Nextbase 'Tag' to attract search activity. However not yet had time to sus out how to add a sound track but note there are several 'How Too.....' vids on the subject and YouTube has a library of copyright-free sound tracks and sound effects.

Sound track now added. Took me about an hour to re-edit, trim, split the video and then add a sound track having listened to about 20 audio options viz:-

Back