Nextbase 412gw protecting files

Trotters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had this for a week and it's great but it keeps randomly protecting files whilst I'm driving along. No impacts, no sudden braking, it will just randomly lock a file. Anyone with similar issues are reasons why?

Cheers,

James

I'll have to check (in the car park) but pretty sure it's at the default setting

Hi,

I've had this for a week and it's great but it keeps randomly protecting files whilst I'm driving along. No impacts, no sudden braking, it will just randomly lock a file. Anyone with similar issues are reasons why?

Cheers,

James
I had the same problem. Setting the g sensor to Low has improved the number of protected files stored but I still get them even on Low. Can only assume it's the bad state of the roads that's causing the problem for me.

What firmware are you on?
If the G-Sensor is on default medium, try it out on low after formatting the card.

Had same issue with my 512gw so turned it off

I've said this before:
My G-Sensor sensitivity is set to Low and I commonly get protected files because of a bump in the road or something, but to be honest I'd prefer false positives than not protecting clips if anything were to happen...

I have the same problem. It protects almost all the time. I have an MX5 sports car. Is it because it is not as well protected from bumps as other cars. My husband has the same one in his Lexus and it is fine.

If your car is particularly stiff you can reduce the sensitivity of the G-Sensor in the first menu.

Hi,

Cheers,

James
I wish it protected mine when i just had an accident!!! 2 minutes MISSING of the most crucial part. nextbase have failed me will look for an alternative as i have lost faith. recorded great before and even after. beware as it seems a very common problem i have since discovered. only good to record other ppls accidents.

Nothing at all in the protected files folder. Mine has loads due to the hard suspension.

nope. see my attachment...im missing 02/06/18 @ 14:34. This is my protected files.

Attachments

• PROTECTED.png
    PROTECTED.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 6
So it isn't in the normal files list either.

I wish it protected mine when i just had an accident!!! 2 minutes MISSING of the most crucial part. nextbase have failed me will look for an alternative as i have lost faith. recorded great before and even after. beware as it seems a very common problem i have since discovered. only good to record other ppls accidents.

The file isn't protected, the journey after has overwritten the file unfortunately.

I had the same problem. Setting the g sensor to Low has improved the number of protected files stored but I still get them even on Low. Can only assume it's the bad state of the roads that's causing the problem for me.
I set the g-sensor to “off” and it still keeps protecting files whilst driving and still

I set the g-sensor to “off” and it still keeps protecting files whilst driving and still
Hi Piers,

What Firmware is the Dash Cam currently running? And when you say the G-Sensor has been turned to off, do you mean the G-Sensor itself, or the G-sensor for Parking Mode? Please could I have a photo of the Dash Cam setting?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back