NextBase 412GW Replay 2 or Replay 3 for macOS

Art Dent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

First post on this forum, so please be gentle!

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer - so here goes.

On the following NextBase.com webpage "https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/help-and-support/" it offers the Replay 3 software and says "Our new Replay 3 software comes with the latest easy-to-use editing capability to allow you to edit and share your own footage on PC or Mac " (my emphasis).

However, clicking on the huge yellow 'download' button to the right of this text only downloads the .exe file - i.e. one for Windows PCs.

Similarly, if you click on the 'Dash Cam Support' button on the above page, chose the '412GW Support' link and look under software it says "NBDVR412GW - Nextbase Replay 3 Playback Software"

When I click on this link, it says "NEXTBASE-Replay-3-Setup-3.8.5" - but again this is an .exe file.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Replay 3 (or Replay 2) software for Apple Mac computers - i.e running macOS and not Windows?

Thanks in advance,

Art

Answered my own question.

I was trying to download the Mac version (a .dmg file) on a Windows PC. Previos versions of the NextBase website have offered both the Windows .exe files and the Mac .dmg files but NextBase have gotten cute and depending on whether you are viewing the webpage on a Mac or PC - you only see either the .dmg or the .exe file when you click on the link.

Despite lengthy email correspondance with NextBase Tech Support over the weekend, nobody at their end thought to point this out.

When I went to the NextBase support site on my Mac (rather than my PC) and clicked on the "NEXTBASE-Replay-3-Setup-3.8.5" , I was offered the .dmg install file.

Just in case anyone else has come across this.

Art

Back