Nextbase 412GW Resolution please ?

KeithChesterfield

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A couple of MOBIUS CAMERAS
I have recently bought a Nextbase 412GW and can't decide which resolution is best for me.

The 1440P video picture seems to 'bounce' about, the 1080P 60FPS picture quality seems to be reasonably similar but still 'bounces' (but not as much) and I haven't tried the 1080P resolution which I presume is 30FPS.

I had 1080P settings on my previous Mobius cameras and they gave good quality videos to post on Youtube.

The camera is fixed firmly to the redundant interior mirror mounting in my Ducato based Motorhome and I record our journeys while on holiday.

What resolution setting do you find works best for you to post on Youtube ?

If there are previous threads regarding this please could you point me in their direction.

You really should connect the cam via its own mount. That should solve the bounce.

1440p is native, so that should be best.

I find the adhesive mount the best with no wobble/bounce motion during videos. Also I'd stick with 1080p 30fps as 1440p uses up too much video space imo from personal experiences

It's odd how we all see things differently. I've tested various resolutions on various dashcams and 1440x30 has always won out on my 1440 monitor for crispness and detail.
The trend now seems to be increasing the bitrate to further improve sharpness as reports/complaints come in about unreadable number plates which of course increases the filesize.

Back