Nextbase 412gw

Zed4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these in May from Halfords, and it's started to play up. After about half an hour of recording, it just stops. it's still on the recording screen, but the counter stops recording and stays frozen. I've tried various sd cards, and it's still the same... formatted all of them and it still freezes. Anyone else experiencing the same. It's hardwired in with ignition on, and i've eliminated that the problem isn't with the hard wire, as it's still doing it plugged in at home ?

I am going to Halfords tomorrow after work and try and get a replacement as it's great when it's working. i gather it's warranted for 12 mths?

Cheers,
Si.

Welcome @Zed4

What brand and size SD card are you using and how often during its use have you been formatting (I understand you've done it recently but have you done it before)?

What version of firmware is on the camera?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Hi.

SD card, The one that was from halfords that came with the next base kit inc 32 gig ultra sd card part of the go pack plus, it's the same with other sd cards. Yes, formatted it once a fortnight. Updated firmware done 2 weeks ago, R11.7.

Forgot to add, the cam has the extra filter on the lens that i bought 2 weeks ago too, but cant get it off in case of exchange for a new one. ...

Thanks for confirming that, are you doing quick formats on the cards? It would be work checking if a full format resolves the issue.

What other cards have you been trying?

I brought a 412gw back in may from Halfords, (already have one in my works van been faultless since November 2016) . Having used the one in the car for less than a day white lines appeared on the screen when turned on, that got resolved and then I had sd card errors when it first booted up and would not record. I took it back to Halford’s approx 3 months later and Halfords staff replaced it no questions asked! How do you go about doing a full format? As I only know how to format via 412gw settings

Yes, doing a full format ( low end, full secure pass) doesn’t resolve the problem.

If you have tried formatting the sd card numerous times in different manners and no success, I’d highly suggest taking it back to Halford’s im sure they will replace it with no questions asked

Thanks for confirming! I’d recommend returning to Halfords in this case @Zed4 as @Tony lovelock said they are super quick if customers need an exchange.

Will do, I’ll return everything, inc the mem card to Halfords, Bromborough tomorrow for an exchange.

Thanks.

Hi Tiffany, that said I need an RMA number??

I never had to give Halford’s a RMA number, I just handed the duff one over and they went to the stock room immediately and brought out a brand new sealed one

I told them it was faulty, and they phoned Nextbase for an RMA number, seems like a receipt for the goods wasn’t enough for an exchange which is what I wanted.. Anyway, they insisted in giving me another SD card from Sandisk as the problem wasn’t showing up after 2 minutes or so, nextbase seem to think it’s that......

I’ll try it again with the new SD card, but I’m not holding out that it’s fixed the problem..... not impressed at all.

That’s strange I was under the impression that if you report that the unit is playing up & your not satisfied with it then you have he right to exchange it for a brand new one within the 12 month warranty period? Seems like there fobbing you off and they just say it’s micro sd card because they don’t want the hassle of exchanges etc?

@Zed4 I’m so sorry that isn’t the case, it’s their job to arrange the RMA with us whilst you’re in store. You’ve confirmed above you’ve tried new SD cards. Is it still happening?

You’re right @Tony lovelock if the product is faulty you just return to store, us and Halfords sort out everything else.

Must have been the memory card.... it was faulty. Weird that the other ones have been doing the same??? The unit must be very fussy on what cards work with it??

Back