Nextbase 422gw With Rear View Camera

Loneranger

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the Nextbase 422gw. I though it would record the rear view camera and the front camera simultaneously. It doesn't seem to work that way. I have to tap the screen on the little box that shows the rear viiew camera. Then the rear camera expands full screen. To go back to the front camera I have to tap the screen again. I emailed Nextbase and they said get a Nextbase SD card. My card couldn't handle continuous loop. Continuous loop seem to be fine. I'm pretty sure the camera works where you can record front or back, not simultaneously. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I wrong?

check the memory card, what's happening on the display doesn't mean it's not recording each channel

I like Cunningham's Law. When you post the wrong answer everyone is quick to correct you.
I did review the camera's recording. It will record front and back individually I have to switch from front camera to rear camera manually.
I also have a Whistler 2200s It has dual lenses that can be turned 180 degrees. The screen is split in half and it records the front and rear view simultaneously.
I guess I'll try the Nextbase SD card and see what happens.
Thank you for your response.

the memory card won't change anything, it records to individual files, that's the expected result

Yes the recordings will be individual files, actually the few cameras that have merged 2 streams into one have been frowned upon always. ( i write have as i do hope those cameras are no longer on the market )
Unsure if the nextbase player support it, but other dashcam players like dashcam viewer i think do support simultaneous playback of files belonging together
But if you want to have 2 videos in 1 you have to edit the 2 together using PIP ( Picture In Picture ) and in that case many if not most editing suites have automatic sync of videos from different cameras, or the actual files will also be starting and stopping at the same time so they are in a way in sync already.

Thank you Kamkari1. I was tapping on the little window on the screen that shows the rearview camera. When I tapped on it, the rearview camera fills the whole screen. For some silly reason I thought I was turning the rear camera on. When I watched the recording of the video on my laptop, I thought I was seeing the rearview camera because I turned it on by tapping on the screen.
I should have figured this out, I didn't. What probably threw me too, my Whistler 2000s shows a split screen. The Whistler is one camera with dual lenes. The recording is still one camera. The Nexbase 422gw is a little more sophisticated. I don't mind the two seperate files. The rear camera is recording, I'm happy with that. I was suprised the video from the rearview camera is pretty good. The whistler dashcam with the dual lenses works for a back window on a pick up truck. You still see the cabin. The whistler with the dual lenses will only see the cabin on an suv, it won't see out the rear of the car at all. The Nextbase with the rear view is a nice way of capturing outside the rear of the car. Probably not as good as putting a camera at the rear of the vehicle, a lot less of a hassle running wires and taking the back camera out. Don't want to leave the cameras in the car when it's unattended. In these parts of the woods they would break a window to take the camera. I said a lot not related to the original post. I thank you very much for responding and clarifying the files on the camera. Much appreciated.
Have a great day.

Thank you joklin Your reply was the same as Kamar1, just a shorter version. I understood your reply.
I thank you very much for the explanation.
Have a great day.

Back