Nextbase 422gw

trebornodlim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,have a Nextbase 422gw about 2-3 years old,been working fine until few days ago,it keeps stopping recording and sometimes freezes,after a hard reset it records for
A few minutes then stops again.
Excuse the sketchy description but I’m ancient and not very tec savvy

Sent my 422gw to Nextbase support for them to check as it stopped recording, mine is 2 yrs old. Hopefully repair will be a good bit cheaper than buying a new one.
Odd thing was it could still take still photos and write to sd card, this ruled out a problem with sd cards.

Hi,have a Nextbase 422gw about 2-3 years old,been working fine until few days ago,it keeps stopping recording and sometimes freezes,after a hard reset it records for
A few minutes then stops again.
Excuse the sketchy description but I’m ancient and not very tec savvy
Hello,

It sounds like you may be having an SD card issue. Please let me know the following information:

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,since purchasing the dash cams I have been using Sandisc 64gb and up to recently have been working fine (we have two cars both using same setup,other is still working fine) yesterday I purchased a Nextbase 32gb card purchased from Halfords,but still not working.
Just front facing no rear cam
Rob

Hi,

If you've tried a new card and the issue is still occurring, then it sounds like the camera may be faulty. Please call us on 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can troubleshoot the issue and advise correctly going forward.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back