Nextbase 512 plus rear cam

Topref

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having problems with my 512 not picking up the rear cam, well, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It finally gave up the ghost so I sent the lot to them, front and rear cam plus the cable. They returned it in less than a week and it worked for about 4 to 5 weeks then the same issue came back. After establishing the fault reappeared in under the three months repairs warranty, they begrudgingly accepted yet another return, this time of just the two cameras but this time, I forgot to remove the memory card which was marked U3 etc.

They returned them along with a sheet which confirmed camera faulty and that it was repaired as a gesture of good will only. There was also comment that the memory card was not correct for the unit. I bought one of their 64GB cards because I really wanted them to work. What I was not impressed with was their repair being a 'gesture of good will'. That is rubbish because the fault re-appeared within the guarantee period and when they sent me a returns number, there was no mention that it was a goodwill gesture.

Anyway, I re-installed the cameras including the new mem card and it worked - for 5 minutes - then the rear camera disappeared again, never to return. This is within two weeks of the return which was just before Christmas 2020. What they have sold me is not of merchantable quality and looking at all the posts on this site, many others are experiencing the imperfect quality of Nextbase products. There are too many disgruntled NB customers venting their frustration. I am not returning this product to them but I'm sure I've read somewhere that even though the warranty term is 12 months, if a product fails even after that period, a claim can be made as it should have lasted way beyond that. I'm going to look into this and see what action I can take.

I was in the market for an upgrade to the 622 but not any more.

Back