Nextbase 512GW Cam Viewer Issue

cvokeuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have the nextbase 512GW and I use the cam viewer app on iPhone to download the clips.

I have been having an issue for around a couple of months with the app when I try to edit a video using the red and green dots on the scroll bar, they randomly either don’t move at all or they go the opposite way to what I press. It’s really frustrating and appears to have a mind of its own.

I was advised by nextbase to reinstall the app but this has not changed anything.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig.

I never had issues (Android).

Is it possible to install the app on a family members phone, or a friends phone? See f that makes a difference?

I have recently been Having issues with the app (android) It is to do with editing.....in as much as I now can’t do it. Prior to December I could edit footage with the app, now when I download footage and go to edit it it says “preparation failed, video format is not supported for trimming.”
I haven’t updated any firmware or updated the app, so nothing has changed. Nest base haven’t been very helpful and are now ignoring my message, they blamed it on a firmware bug. Which can’t be the case as it was working before all ok.
The video image is not shown in the list of files on the 2 pieces of video I can’t edit.
Anyone else had these issues?

OK, you can't edit them but can you view them? Perhaps the recordings are 'damaged' and unplayable.
Can you edit any of the more recent files , or is it just the two as indicated above?

Hi. Yes I can view them. After throwing my toys out the pram last night, I have discovered that the issue may be with my phone. Samsung S10. My old S8 can download the same footage and edit it with no problems..I notice the firmware doesn't need updating on the dashcam itself and I have reinstalled the cam view app on the phone. Very frustrating ..

Hi. Yes I can view them. After throwing my toys out the pram last night, I have discovered that the issue may be with my phone. Samsung S10. My old S8 can download the same footage and edit it with no problems..I notice the firmware doesn't need updating on the dashcam itself and I have reinstalled the cam view app on the phone. Very frustrating ..

You're not the first and you won't be the last to think it's the cam.

Good you've found yourself sorted - the NB gives great quality video and are good purchases.

Last edited:
Back