Nextbase 512gw comes good

simonwwfc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512gw 1440 hd quad
Had a driver come from the left hand side lane across in front of me into passengers side on my 17 plate merc sprinter . As soon as I pointed out dash camera in front screen he was defeated happy days

Yes Tiffany the car hit the passenger side of my work merc van ... his Volvo wing came off worse my van didn’t have a scratch on it

ooooooooo never tell them you have the cam.... just exchange insurance details and leave them to expose their lies!!! (makes for better footage!)

ooooooooo never tell them you have the cam.... just exchange insurance details and leave them to expose their lies!!! (makes for better footage!)

Out of interest, is would they void the person's insurance?

What do you mean @pricecheaper?

If I am hit by a driver and we exchange details and plain lies to his insurer, eg "he reversed into me"... Should I mention to the other party that I have a dash cam or should I wait for the person to lie out there teeth then expose this to the insurer? So my question is would that person have his insurance voided for lying?

That's a situation I've pondered over. We all know 'they' apologise then swear blind it was your fault at claim time.

I think I'd get their apology first then point out it's all been recorded, apology and the events leading up, GDPR and all that. Taking video of the public in a public place.

The Gov were considering charging a £35 registration fee, at least in London, for external security cameras, even Ring doorbells, as they are capturing video of a public place. Fortunately, with pressure from Plod, they have abandoned it so people can submit CCTV to Plod if required without penalty.

Here is the latest London extract:

The Law

As of the 25th May 2018 all cctv on domestic properties do not have to be registered with the Information Commissioner (ICO), nor are we required to pay the £35.00 annual fee.

I have reported to you all that the legislation was under review and on behalf of Hillingdon Residents, Hillingdon Neighbourhood Watch (HNW) formally wrote to the ICO, the Police Minister, Nick Hurd MP, The Home Secretary and the Mayors Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) pleading the case that ordinary residents with forward facing cameras on their homes, helping the Police should remain exempt

The results of the consultation will be published shortly but I'm very encouraged to receive positive responses from the Government and the Director of MOPAC (LONDON) clearly understanding the importance of residents cctv are writing and indeed phoning the ICO in support of our submission.

As soon as the position/decision is known/confirmed in writing I will report further to everyone.

Last edited:
That's a situation I've pondered over. We all know 'they' apologise then swear blind it was your fault at claim time.

I think I'd get their apology first then point out it's all been recorded, apology and the events leading up, GDPR and all that. Taking video of the public in a public place.

The Gov were considering charging a £35 registration fee, at least in London, for external security cameras, even Ring doorbells, as they are capturing video of a public place. Fortunately, with pressure from Plod, they have abandoned it so people can submit CCTV to Plod if required without penalty.

Here is the latest London extract:

The Law

As of the 25th May 2018 all cctv on domestic properties do not have to be registered with the Information Commissioner (ICO), nor are we required to pay the £35.00 annual fee.

I have reported to you all that the legislation was under review and on behalf of Hillingdon Residents, Hillingdon Neighbourhood Watch (HNW) formally wrote to the ICO, the Police Minister, Nick Hurd MP, The Home Secretary and the Mayors Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) pleading the case that ordinary residents with forward facing cameras on their homes, helping the Police should remain exempt

The results of the consultation will be published shortly but I'm very encouraged to receive positive responses from the Government and the Director of MOPAC (LONDON) clearly understanding the importance of residents cctv are writing and indeed phoning the ICO in support of our submission.

As soon as the position/decision is known/confirmed in writing I will report further to everyone.

They will never police this and they will see an increase in crime.

Nobody will pay for this...

It's absurd...

Back