Nextbase 512GW front and rear cam fitted

Lisa H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

New to this forum as I've just had a Nextbase 512GW front and rear dash cam fitted and have a question if anyone could help?

I had the front and rear cam fitted yesterday (hardwired), I intend to leave the front dashcam in when at work but when home and out and about, I want to remove it to prevent theft. Clipping it back in for use whenever I use the car. The rear I will leave in.

I went to use the car today and although the front cam worked, the rear appeared not to and didn't show on the screen as picture is picture. Any ideas??? Is it still working??

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

I'd check the firmware of the front camera - it needs to be the latest 22.5 version for the front & rear setup to work properly. I'm not sure how the two camera setup behaves if you keep unplugging them.....

Thank you, I’ve checked the firmware and that’s up to date. I’ve also wiggled the plug about and it’s ok now. Maybe I just didn’t plug it in correctly. Doh!

Under the base of the dash camera is a tiny reset button. Press this with a pen.

Back