Nextbase 512GW Ultra Parking Mode

Minesh236

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have purchased the Nextbase 512 GW Ultra on 04/11/17 from Currys

I have set it up according to the manual. I have a slight issue with the "intelligent parking mode" feature. The box says: "Intelligent Parking Mode to automatically record when motion is detected"

When I have this feature on and I have pulled up for more than 5 mins the dashcam turns off (no led lights on). The most annoying part is that the dashcam doesn't switch back on to record the footage when the car moves. I was speaking to a technical support advisor this afternoon and she kindly advised me to set the G Sensor to High from my initial Medium setting.

I have been to Currys after work to exchange the product for another one. I got the replacement and updated the firmware to R14.6 and I still have the same problem.

My settings:

Using 3M to mount the cam to the windscreen
G Sensor - High
Parking Mode - On
Firmware - R14.6
The lights are flashing Red when recording.
Then when in parking mode the led lights are completely off
When I drive off, still completely off meaning I am not recording my journey.

My scenario is:
I’m driving normally. I pull over for let’s say 10 mins with the engine running. 5 mins the parking mode is activated.
But when I drive off it doesn’t start normal recording unless I do it manually or turn the engine off and restart it.

I have been advised by nextbase phone support to tap the dashcam to see if it starts an emergency recording when in parking mode. This works!

My previous dashcam was a Mio MiVue and the parking mode feature worked even if I place my hand over the lens.

Looking forward to a solution. Surely I can have two dashcams with the same fault
Regards

Minesh

Back