Nextbase 512GWRC Dash Cam Cable Length Problems

Saerani

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed my rear camera, but the cable that comes with the camera, albeit 6m long, is just too short for me to install the camera as unobtrusive as possible in a 2018 Ford Galaxy. Does anyone know the actual connections on each end of the cable (mini usb?), and if there is anywhere that a longer cable is purchasable from?

@NextBase Tiffany ?

Not sure why they aren't all just usb-c.

The micro b end goes into the rear camera.

Thx Skynet. Having a complete nightmare trying to source a longer version of this cable. Just daft connections as u say.

Be easier to get a usb mini extender...just increase the length on the supplied one. The supplied has an angled micro to the rear camera which you'll probably want to keep.

Be easier to get a usb mini extender...just increase the length on the supplied one. The supplied has an angled micro to the rear camera which you'll probably want to keep.

Lol, yeah good thinking. Cost all of £1.55. Cheers buddy!

be aware they are normally a 10 pin connector not a 5 pin like regular USB, the connector aside extending the cables is generally a problem regardless

Could be a leeetle bit too big for the unit size. :unsure:

Just be aware when I initially set mine up the cable was too short so bought extension to extend cable, the video quality was poor with this extension fitted.
I abandoned the extension and re-routed the cable to just use original cable, then all good.

@Saerani there isn't a way of extending unfortunately, are you able to reroute?

The cable took the longest to design/complete to reduce interference.

@Saerani there isn't a way of extending unfortunately, are you able to reroute?

The cable took the longest to design/complete to reduce interference.

Hi Tiffany
With the above comment on cable length limitations I presume my thoughts on using a switched splitter for 2GWRC cameras ( one rear mounted and one forward mount on far offside for wrong way parking ) could be a non starter ?

Sounds like a 2 camera job, if you have rear power.

There is no way of connecting 2 Rear Cams Im sorry, do you have a cig socket in the rear?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 512GW 0
S 512GW 7
Drew1951 512GW 7
C 512GW 5
A 512GW 1
Back