Nextbase 522 GW camera.

blue-boy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a new one of these with some money my son gave me for Christmas. I have it all fitted now both front & rear, looks a tidy & small camera & pleased how it looks.

I have been to the Nextbase website & could not see a contact email for customer service so thought I would try on here as I have seen Nextbase support on some of the threads I have read. Not really had much time with it yet to get it all set up with my phone etc but I am having a basic problem. I charged it as per instructions for minimum 2 hours, I put all the leads in the car & connected it to an ignition controlled circuit in the fuseboard. I took the camera from the house & plugged in the rear camera & then pressed it into the holder on the windscreen. The camera came on straight away after plugging it in but was met with a low battery & shutdown a few seconds later, I took it off the car & recharged it again. after a couple of hours I plugged it back into the car & same problem. Have I got a faulty camera ? I have the intelligent parking on but fear if my car was bumped the camera would not come on because the battery is permanently flat.

I left it in the car last night in the garage & it did shut down when I turned of the engine so its all wired in ok. I got into the car this morning & pressed the on key on the camera before starting to be greeted with a low battery & shutdown a few seconds later so ongoing problem.

I did a bit of research before buying the 522 & from what I saw the battery should last about 15 minutes or so before shutting down, I think 15 seconds for mine, do I need to return it as faulty to the place I bought it (Amazon) or is there something else I have missed to get this battery charging.

Any help or advice much appreciated & thanks in advance.

I'd post in the Nextbase section to get their attention.

Thanks mate I have done that now. I am new here so don't know my way around but thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Back