Nextbase 522

Neil66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a nextbase 522 and it has started recording for a few seconds and then stops, I have replaced the sd card with a new one, done a reset, and updated the firmware to the latest version and nothing seems to work, any ideas please

I had the same problem, it turned out that the battery died. £40 to get a new battery fitted, £12 and a lot of soldering work or my preferred option, a Viofo A119 for less than £100. No battery in the Viofo to die on me,it's a super capacitor model.

Hello,

After a few seconds of recording, does the camera turn off, does the camera freeze at a certain second or does the recording simply stop and the camera return to the front screen please?

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you now using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please? If so, which one please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

After a few seconds of recording, does the camera turn off, does the camera freeze at a certain second or does the recording simply stop and the camera return to the front screen please?

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you now using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please? If so, which one please?

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello just stops recording but stays on, I had it set for the screen to turn off at 30 secs but it just stays on now, Tried a new card in and still the same a san disk 64 U3 and a cabin rear camera, format once a month.
Thanks neil

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately we don't recommend using SanDisk cards within our products anymore due to the fluctuations in consistent write speed. I'd recommend trying a Nextbase SD card instead, which should resolve the issue you're experiencing.
In the unlikelihood that the issue were not to be resolved, the SD card can be retuned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello just had a new nextbase sd card delivered today from yourself, and tried it, format it first in the camera and also tried resetting the camera and disconnected the cabin camera and put the power supply straight in the camera and in the holder and nothing works, records for 1/2 seconds and the stops recording and camera stays on.

Do you have a mobile phone charger with a mini USB lead ?

If so, try that as it will provide smooth power. It will rule in/out the card and rule in/out the vehicle wiring.

Hi Neil,

It sounds like your dashcam is faulty I'm afraid. Please can you contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com or call 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can advise on the next steps.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hi Neil,

It sounds like your dashcam is faulty I'm afraid. Please can you contact our Support Team at support@nextbase.com or call 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can advise on the next steps.

Kind regards,
Millie
Well, I'll be darned. :)

I had the same problem, it turned out that the battery died. £40 to get a new battery fitted, £12 and a lot of soldering work or my preferred option, a Viofo A119 for less than £100. No battery in the Viofo to die on me,it's a super capacitor model.
I feel the same. The current bag-style battery is not a good fit in my opinion. If size/space is an issue for Nextbase maybe they should consider putting supercapacitors in the base/mount instead.

Back