Nextbase 522GW footage too fast

escrs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another car almost went into the back of a car at the traffic lights and then swerved in to my lane almost hitting me (i had to swerve into the empty lane next to me to stop him hitting me) as he tried to avoid going in to the back of the stationary car at the traffic lights

Now i went to review the footage on my new 522GW dashcam and the playback speed is way too fast and there seems no way in the Nextbase dashcam player on my p.c to slow the footage down to normal speed

Ive tried using VLC player to slow the footage down but it just becomes quite jumpy and seems to be playing in frames rather than a nice smooth video

No amount of Googling is helping so wondered if anyone on here had the same issue?

Hi. I have the same problem with my footage going at a fast speed. At first, it was OK and I could hear the sound, now it just goes on fast forward. TIA.

Hi, just check in your video settings that you don't have 'Time Lapse' enabled, for normal driving this feature should be set to off

Hi, just check in your video settings that you don't have 'Time Lapse' enabled, for normal driving this feature should be set to off
Thank you if you people suggested that and it was turned off.. I'm taking it back to Halfords today

Hello,

Having read through the thread I can see that you stated you were intending to return the camera however for the benefit of future users or anyone with a similar question regarding this I'll do my best to answer this for you.

With Time-lapse enabled this will cause the footage to playback at a higher speed than normal, once disabled this does not then correct the already recorded footage which is a common misconception of the feature being turned off. I would suggest making a further recording once the feature is disabled and comparing this newer recording against the previous file to confirm that playback speed is indeed normal.

It's also worth checking that the SD card in use is suitable for this dashcam and additionally checking that the firmware is fully up to date to mitigate any room for error. If in doubt perform a factory reset of the camera to revert the settings back to default before trying again.

Regards,
Dan - Nextbase Technical Support

Today I witnessed something ridiculous that I needed to report to the police.

Turns out, my dashcam has the same problem.

I have updated it and reset to default. The default setting is "Time lapse 3 mins".

This is meant to be a dashcam, not a timelapse camera. What is wrong with Nextbase as a company - do you think this is acceptable? I am lost for words.

In time lapse (page 24 of instruction manual). There are 3 settings. 3 mins, 30 mins and off.
Default setting should be Off.

Today I witnessed something ridiculous that I needed to report to the police.

Turns out, my dashcam has the same problem.

I have updated it and reset to default. The default setting is "Time lapse 3 mins".

This is meant to be a dashcam, not a timelapse camera. What is wrong with Nextbase as a company - do you think this is acceptable? I am lost for words.
Hi,

I can confirm that the default setting for Time Lapse is OFF. Time Lapse can only be manually enabled.

If the camera is returned to default, you will need to turn off the 'Keep User Settings' function. If this is left on, the settings will be retained during a default. I think this is probably what has happened in this case.

Once Keep User Settings has been turned off, the camera will return to Time Lapse off if defaulted.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Went for a quick spin today and set cam to time lapse. The result was on viewing, like a speeded up version, so not quite time lapse, a set of individual pictures strung together but a fully joined up clip at fast speed. Certainly no jerkiness or jumping.
Think Millie hit nail on head, if you’ve set “Save User Settings”.

Back