Nextbase 522GW & iPhone 14 connection issues.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 14. Until the upgrade, my 522GW worked well with my 12 albeit a few bugs.

Now, even though the camera shows a WiFi connection, and in WiFi settings it also tells me
It’s connected, when i try to download a video my 522GW displays ‘Wireless
Connection failed’. Even thought everything points to a perfect connection.

I’ve tried all the solutions that I can find on the internet, including returning the camera
to default settings and uninstalling/reinstalling the app a number of times. Nothing seems to fix it.

Help?

Hello,

When returning the camera to default settings, did you turn off Keep User Settings please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Millie,

Some screenshots and photos for your reference.

Attachments

• 554F5945-7B5D-41B9-86BA-48F7EAFC27ED.png
    554F5945-7B5D-41B9-86BA-48F7EAFC27ED.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7AEA4CAF-9242-4197-8BFC-E3E6D55BEF63.png
    7AEA4CAF-9242-4197-8BFC-E3E6D55BEF63.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1CF20FD9-701F-4C25-93C1-C87237E49C2B.jpeg
    1CF20FD9-701F-4C25-93C1-C87237E49C2B.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2F6472D5-757A-4564-89E6-9FA6C3D47A2D.png
    2F6472D5-757A-4564-89E6-9FA6C3D47A2D.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 7
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please can you give us a call on 0388 205 729 (Australia) and we can go through troubleshooting with you.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please can you give us a call on 0388 205 729 (Australia) and we can go through troubleshooting with you.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hey Millie,

I can’t seem to get through on this number, and my reply to an email from support (ticket number 199207) has gone unanswered.

Hi,
I'd recommend a full reset, you will need to disable Keep User Settings. I've emailed you the full procedure, and I'll list it below too:

PLEASE NOTE:
  • Following this process means that videos saved in the "Library" tab within the MyNextbase Connect app WILL BE DELETED. Please ensure you saved these files to your computer or laptop before proceeding if you wish to retain any files.
  • Ensure your Dash Cam is plugged into a power supply throughout this process.

Steps for Dash Cam:

1. Stop the Dash Cam from recording by tapping on the flashing recording icon at the bottom left of the screen.
  2. Tap the settings (cogwheel) icon that appears in the top left of the screen.
  3. Select "Setup" to enter the setup menu.
  4. Swipe across and tap on "Keep User Settings" tap "OFF" and tap OK.
  5. Locate, then tap on "Default Settings", tap "Yes" and tap “OK” (Your Dash Cam will restart).

Steps for iPhone

1. Open “Settings” on the phone.
  2. Select “Bluetooth” to enter the Bluetooth settings
  3. Locate your Nextbase Dash Cam in the “paired devices” list.
  4. select the "i" button on the right-hand side and “forget the device”.
  5. Delete the “MyNextbase Connect” App.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Reinstall “MyNextbase Connect” from the App store.

Your Dash Cam will restart from factory settings. Now follow the first time setup process again to get connected, making sure you agree to all of the permissions requested by the app (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, local network etc).

Please visit our help centre article "Can't connect to MyNextbase my smartphone" if you would like to see images relating to each step of this process. When followed correctly (and in order) this process fixes most issues customers experience.

Kind regards,
Millie

So I’ve had the same issue with the Nextbase 322 and iPhone 14, I tried everything, went back to Halfords and they tried everything, we then called Nextbase and apparently the WiFi part doesn’t work on the iPhone 14, there will be a patch released which should make it work, No idea when this patch / update will be released though..: but this could be your problem as well.

So I’ve had the same issue with the Nextbase 322 and iPhone 14, I tried everything, went back to Halfords and they tried everything, we then called Nextbase and apparently the WiFi part doesn’t work on the iPhone 14, there will be a patch released which should make it work, No idea when this patch / update will be released though..: but this could be your problem as well.
Hey Mike,

Thanks for letting me know. You’re currently doing a better job at customer service than Nextbase

It’s been about 4 months now, and I’m still waiting for a response. Under Australian consumer law, this would make the camera unfit for purpose and entitle me to a full refund, which I am considering.

I have had another chat with Nextbase and they are currently working on this issue, I am now on a mailing list specifically for this issue and will be informed once the update is to be released.

I have had another chat with Nextbase and they are currently working on this issue, I am now on a mailing list specifically for this issue and will be informed once the update is to be released.
That’s good to know. I’ll email them today to get myself on that list.

I am also still experiencing this same difficulty after having the 522gw installed by Halfords todays and stressing all day due to my iPhone 14 Wi-Fi failing even when connected, do we know if it’s still happening or of any fixes ?

I am also still experiencing this same difficulty after having the 522gw installed by Halfords todays and stressing all day due to my iPhone 14 Wi-Fi failing even when connected, do we know if it’s still happening or of any fixes ?
Still happening, and still waiting for a fix.

This is worrying. I’m looking at getting a 522GW and have an iPhone 14.

So what does this stop, just the downloading of videos or adjusting settings as well?

If it’s just videos then the SD can be removed, not ideal but a workaround.

Is it all iPhone 14? Any iPhone 14 users get it to work?

So have Nextbase acknowledged this and working on a fox although seems to be a while and doesn’t fill me with confidence for a pre-sale.

I have been having the same problem, unfortunately I purchased 3 cams for different cars, 522GW & 622GW, non will connect to an iPhone 14, I have had a ticket with Nextbase since last year, to be honest, don’t think they give a dam. This is the last response

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I am terribly sorry to read of your disappointment, our development team have been investigating this issue and have been working on a fix for some time so I do appreciate your frustration.

When the team are investigating a case like this there are many stages - finding the issue - fixing the issue and then testing the fix to ensure it works and doesn't cause any further problems, none of these stages are straight forward I'm afraid and it isn't always a simple thing to fix. So far, your case has been quite complex. I can assure you that our team are working tirelessly to get this resolved.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the delay.

This ticket is a year old now, and when I chase for an update, get the same stock response, best thing to do, is put the camera on the drive and drive over it, then replace with an alternative.

I have been having the same problem, unfortunately I purchased 3 cams for different cars, 522GW & 622GW, non will connect to an iPhone 14, I have had a ticket with Nextbase since last year, to be honest, don’t think they give a dam. This is the last response

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I am terribly sorry to read of your disappointment, our development team have been investigating this issue and have been working on a fix for some time so I do appreciate your frustration.

When the team are investigating a case like this there are many stages - finding the issue - fixing the issue and then testing the fix to ensure it works and doesn't cause any further problems, none of these stages are straight forward I'm afraid and it isn't always a simple thing to fix. So far, your case has been quite complex. I can assure you that our team are working tirelessly to get this resolved.

Again, I sincerely apologise for the delay.

This ticket is a year old now, and when I chase for an update, get the same stock response, best thing to do, is put the camera on the drive and drive over it, then replace with an alternative.
Absolutely. The same condescending text book response.

There’s no way I could recommend this camera to anyone. I wish I got a blackvue.

Hi everyone,

Wow, i wish i read this thread 4 weeks ago. I have purchased a 522GW front and rear with SD card from Halfords. I have an iPhone 14 Pro and have been unable to form any kind of WiFi connection between phone and camera.

I have noted the last message on this thread was September 2023. Has anyone had any meaningful feedback since then?

I have completed a a ticket to nextbase with all the firmware, version, details etc. I imagine I will end up in the same boat as many here.

Practically removing the SD card to save footage for me renders the camera defunct. Perhaps it’s best to go to Halfords and seek a refund as the camera isn’t fit for purpose given it isn’t iOS compatible as advertised.

I’ve literally reinstalled my phone and followed the guides to reconnect about 8 times and lost many hours.

Frustrating but glad I stumbled on this page.

Hi
No mate still no updates, Nextbase are not interested, if I were you, return it to Halfords and get your money back while you can, I have 3 of these camera's none of them connect to iPhone 14 or 15. The only way to download a file, is to remove the card and download manually.

Nope, absolutely nothing. It’s been over a year now and I haven’t heard a thing.

I’d never buy one of these again and I’d caution anyone thinking about buying a Nextbase camera.

Hi,
I'd recommend a full reset, you will need to disable Keep User Settings. I've emailed you the full procedure, and I'll list it below too:

PLEASE NOTE:
  • Following this process means that videos saved in the "Library" tab within the MyNextbase Connect app WILL BE DELETED. Please ensure you saved these files to your computer or laptop before proceeding if you wish to retain any files.
  • Ensure your Dash Cam is plugged into a power supply throughout this process.

Steps for Dash Cam:

1. Stop the Dash Cam from recording by tapping on the flashing recording icon at the bottom left of the screen.
  2. Tap the settings (cogwheel) icon that appears in the top left of the screen.
  3. Select "Setup" to enter the setup menu.
  4. Swipe across and tap on "Keep User Settings" tap "OFF" and tap OK.
  5. Locate, then tap on "Default Settings", tap "Yes" and tap “OK” (Your Dash Cam will restart).

Steps for iPhone

1. Open “Settings” on the phone.
  2. Select “Bluetooth” to enter the Bluetooth settings
  3. Locate your Nextbase Dash Cam in the “paired devices” list.
  4. select the "i" button on the right-hand side and “forget the device”.
  5. Delete the “MyNextbase Connect” App.
  6. Restart your phone.
  7. Reinstall “MyNextbase Connect” from the App store.

Your Dash Cam will restart from factory settings. Now follow the first time setup process again to get connected, making sure you agree to all of the permissions requested by the app (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, local network etc).

Please visit our help centre article "Can't connect to MyNextbase my smartphone" if you would like to see images relating to each step of this process. When followed correctly (and in order) this process fixes most issues customers experience.

Kind regards,
Millie
Millie, by now surely Nextbase have got the msg, your fix just isn’t working and you appear to be burying your head in the sand. Do you really expect customers to put up with this?
You used to be a good company, and I’ve shouted your praises many times over the years, but sadly no longer, I’m done with Nextbase, but what is sad is that none of the Nextbase staff seem to care.

Back