Nextbase 522GW Parking Mode, Freezing, rear camera and other errors!

Kevver787

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I though I had better start a fresh thread to avoid confusion with an old one I have been commenting on. I'll try to keep it short:
I've had my Nextbase 522GW for about 5 months and until recently it has worked perfectly.

The first problem occurred about a week ago when the camera just suddenly stopped working in 'Parking Mode' and would just record a protected file every 5 minutes non-stop.
After reading a few threads on here and trying out a few things I got it narrowed down to a problem with the Nextbase cigarette lighter power supply. It is a 1.5amp power supply and does not appear to be up to the job. I swapped it for a standard USB-USB Mini cable and plugged it directly into a USB port in my glove box and it appears to have solved that problem (for now).

The next issue started 2 days later when the camera froze whilst driving. I glanced up at it and noticed it said I was doing 13mph despite me actually doing about 40mph. It was totally non-responsive so I had to pull over and reset it using the small button on the bottom. I continued my journey and it didn't happen again. On my way home it happened twice more and I was able to reset it without stopping my vehicle (had the pen in the cup holder). The next day it did it again twice and then today it did it 4 more times on my way to work.
However, today's errors seem to have produced some strange results; The camera is recording 4-6 minutes of my journey into a 3 min video clip, i.e. the footage appears to be sped up and the time stamp ticks over quite fast. The rear camera also hasn't recorded anything during the malfunctions so I wonder if that is causing the problem.

I checked the temperature of the camera when it malfunctioned in case it had been overheating but, due to having the air-con on, it was barely warm.
The camera is on the latest Firmware version and I'm using a Nextbase 64Gb U3 memory card (formatted in the camera quite frequently).

Does anybody have any ideas please? (any Nextbase Reps on here?)

I am now quite paranoid about this thing malfunctioning and me not noticing it. If I am involved in an incident that doesn't get recorded I will be very pee'd off!!

Yes mine still does this, it happens most often when car is switched off and parking mode is on and on internal camera battery, it constantly chimes, three cards later it still does it and ONLY on R19.1 firmware. Its a firmware bug, hopefully the next release will sort it.

Yes mine still does this, it happens most often when car is switched off and parking mode is on and on internal camera battery, it constantly chimes, three cards later it still does it and ONLY on R19.1 firmware. Its a firmware bug, hopefully the next release will sort it.
I'm a bit sceptical of it being a Firmware issue; I've been on R19.1 since the day I bought it (5 months ago) and it's only started playing up 3-4 days ago.

Back