Nextbase 522gw Parsing Metadata failed contact support

Uptown club

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nextbase 522gw Parsing Metadata failed contact support
comes up when trying to save videos

also videos are at high speed and not in real time ?
any suggestions>?
I have brand new micro sdcard fitted by Halfords last month
I have also formatted card

There is a Nextbase and more specific a 522 thread further down this forum.

You'll get more replies in there

On what are you trying to playback and what software are you using if not on the camera?

The software on the camera I was trying to play it back on and one of the videos seems to be three times the speed of a normal real-time video.
I then copied the video file to my computer using USB cable and the video still plays it 5 times the normal speed but I don't get the metadata problem.
Any help or advice you can give me would be appreciated

I noticed this the other way round when playing old footage on the latest Nextbase video player. Make sure you have the latest version/edition of the Nextbase player.

Why they've broken away from mainstream beats me.

From memory, the old version was Replay 3, the latest ...... isn't

I noticed this the other way round when playing old footage on the latest Nextbase video player. Make sure you have the latest version/edition of the Nextbase player.

Why they've broken away from mainstream beats me.

From memory, the old version was Replay 3, the latest ...... isn't
yes it's all very confusing and I've got the latest firmware and the latest player because every time I turn it on it keeps asking to check online and it is is

Do you have a Dropbox account where you could upload and share a file for me to try on my players?

Got it, hang on

I've run your MP4 through a variety of players and it is indeed superspeed. I sort of expected it as I know Nextbase fiddled with the latest player and dashcam video format.

Have you got the "MyNextbase" player ?

I downloaded it and it plays my MP4's OK but it won't load yours. There's something wrong. Ideally I need a RAW file and not one you've shortened as it may have been written out incorrectly.

I've run your MP4 through a variety of players and it is indeed superspeed. I sort of expected it as I know Nextbase fiddled with the latest player and dashcam video format.

Have you got the "MyNextbase" player ?

I downloaded it and it plays my MP4's OK but it won't load yours. There's something wrong. Ideally I need a RAW file and not one you've shortened as it may have been written out incorrectly.
yes I've got the latest nextbase player and that is literally how it came off my micro SD card from the camera..
I haven't edited it or done anything to it.
Is there a setting to make it a raw file then?

I was just surprised to find it as a 30 second clip. Most are longer, like 3 minutes. When I try and load it into MyNextbase it does nothing.

A raw file is just the original file.

So your running MyNextbase 4.7.6 ?

I was just surprised to find it as a 30 second clip. Most are longer, like 3 minutes. When I try and load it into MyNextbase it does nothing.

A raw file is just the original file.

So your running MyNextbase 4.7.6 ?
Where would I find that information?.
This is all I can find on my phone or do you mean the PC version?.
there are some clips that are longer but that was just one that actually had movement in it because it's actually been recording nothing while my car has been parked all night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201225-134412.jpg
    Screenshot_20201225-134412.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
Ah, I'm talking about the Nextbase PC Player.

for some reason your MP4 just won't load. But it does into all my other players.

I think this is one for Nextbase but their office won't be open till Tuesday I suppose.

Ah, I'm talking about the Nextbase PC Player.

for some reason your MP4 just won't load. But it does into all my other players.
I shall check but I use VLC player and other media players and it all plays really fast.. I haven't tried using the nextbase 2 player but I will do a bit later and I thank you for your continued and fast responses.. I'm just making my way to my mother who is in a bubble who's 88 but doesn't involve me driving so I can't take any footage but I will be in touch.. many thanks again and any information to stop my camera recording when it's accidentally left plugged into my car would be great as well cheers.

I'm out of touch with Nextbase as I switched a few years ago as I didn't like the series 2 specs.

However, I did try the latest Nextbase player with other manufacturers footage and it didn't play ball.

If you don't want the cam recording when you turn off the ignition then turn off parking mode. If your plugged into a permanent live then ..... don't :)

I'm out of touch with Nextbase as I switched a few years ago as I didn't like the series 2 specs.

However, I did try the latest Nextbase player with other manufacturers footage and it didn't play ball.

If you don't want the cam recording when you turn off the ignition then turn off parking mode. If your plugged into a permanent live then ..... don't :)
Yes I have a permanent live.. thank you so I'll turn parking off..

Isn't one of the parking modes Time Lapse that plays back stupid fast? Sure I have seen that somewhere here in the past.

Back