Nextbase 522gw Parsing Metadata failed contact support

That could be a good call. Time lapse recording because of the permanent power.

Find a reset button on the unit. Then go through all the menus and turn off any parking mode and G-sensors. Then you need an ignition powered power source so it knows when to turn on and off/standby.

How have you wired the dashcam ?

That could be a good call. Time lapse recording because of the permanent power.

Find a reset button on the unit. Then go through all the menus and turn off any parking mode and G-sensors. Then you need an ignition powered power source so it knows when to turn on and off/standby.

How have you wired the dashcam ?
I've no idea how it's wired because Halfords did it for me but I do know how to reset it so I'll give it a go .. many thanks again

Halfords wired it to permanent power !!!

I'd be complaining as it should switch on and off with the ignition.

Hi there,

Just to come back to the original query regarding the Parsing Metadata Failed message this is usually linked to an SD card failing to capture the background data fed through the GPS mount or this is a fault with the mount itself.

Normally a format will resolve the issue (as long as the SD in use is suitable for dashcam use) however if the issue still persistent then it's likely a GPS mount failure.

Check that the latest version of firmware is fully up to date with your camera and perform a factory reset if this is confirmed at the latest version.

If none of the above works then I would suggest contacting the Technical Support team on 02920 866429 who will be able to assist you further with this.

Regards,
Dan - Technical Support Team

Hi there,

Just to come back to the original query regarding the Parsing Metadata Failed message this is usually linked to an SD card failing to capture the background data fed through the GPS mount or this is a fault with the mount itself.

Normally a format will resolve the issue (as long as the SD in use is suitable for dashcam use) however if the issue still persistent then it's likely a GPS mount failure.

Check that the latest version of firmware is fully up to date with your camera and perform a factory reset if this is confirmed at the latest version.

If none of the above works then I would suggest contacting the Technical Support team on 02920 866429 who will be able to assist you further with this.

Regards,
Dan - Technical Support Team
Yes it's all been sorted but thank you anyway

Back