Nextbase 522gw very poor quality pictures and video

1. Stopping and interrupting the video is a problem in the memory card.
2. Low quality video problem in hardware and software. As a rule, software is to blame...

Yep. That's pretty much what I said in a nutshell.

Results BEFORE and AFTER modifying the video parameters:
Hi.
I recently purchased Nextbase 522GW hoping for stellar performance, but was very disappointed in picture quality.
Seeing results in you post I was wondering if there is a common way to modify the software? Stock one is waaay to sharp and oversaturated...

Hi.
I recently purchased Nextbase 522GW hoping for stellar performance, but was very disappointed in picture quality.
Seeing results in you post I was wondering if there is a common way to modify the software? Stock one is waaay to sharp and oversaturated...
For testing and receiving as a result of modified firmware, only a gadget is required...

I do apologise but I don't understand what you just said... What gadget?
I agree what modifications, I've still got my 522gw but I have installed a Viofo A129 Pro Duo in my car, far superior in my opinion.

I was just wondering if anyone tried to modify the firmware yet on this camera and maybe could share some instructions.

I agree what modifications, I've still got my 522gw but I have installed a Viofo A129 Pro Duo in my car, far superior in my opinion.

Pro Duo is 4K, so superior resolution.

I was just wondering if anyone tried to modify the firmware yet on this camera and maybe could share some instructions.

No mods that I am aware of.

Unfortunately San Disk Ultra/Extreme SD cards are not designed to be used inside Dash Cams, San Disk actually void the SD's warranty if an Ultra/Extreme is used inside a Dash Cam. If you believe otherwise to be the case please contact the manufacturer for confirmation. https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/warranty

I'd recommend a Dash Cam compatible U3 SD card, specifically designed for Dash Cam or CCTV usage. Such as the Nextbase SD cards or SanDisk High Endurance .

What Firmware was your 522GW on please? I'd recommend double checking that your 522GW is on R19.1 as this has improved IQ.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
Ive just got a 522 and san disk 64gb ultra. The image and video playback is so poor I can not read any moving or stationary licence plates. I also have the 412 gw with the same sand disk ultra card 64 gb and playback is fantastic. Software is set to import high res only. I have just ordered a next base 32 gb U3, so I’ll see if this works

Back