Nextbase 612 GW Gets very hot.

logosewer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just Wondered what other people though.
I was always told if electronics get hot they don't last long.
Also if it's a battery gets hot it is dangerous.
My two day old 612 GW 4K is getting very hot especially if set to 4k.
My instinct is telling me it is not right.
The nextbase facebook people and the phone line say it is normal.

Normal:
It's recording 4K images,
On charge,
Aluminium casing.

The aluminium is there to help dissipate the heat quicker.

Just Wondered what other people though.
I was always told if electronics get hot they don't last long.
Also if it's a battery gets hot it is dangerous.
My two day old 612 GW 4K is getting very hot especially if set to 4k.
My instinct is telling me it is not right.
The nextbase facebook people and the phone line say it is normal.

Any update? I’ve just purchased a Nextbase 612GW 2 days ago. It gets VERY hot. After a 20min journey in temp of 21 c outside, it brought up the heat warning symbol!!! Really not impressed. Got a replacement, exactly the same issue.... cannot believe this is seen as acceptable.

I am on my second 522 GW and second nextbase SD card, the camera is crap, it locks up, gets so hot (in less than 2 minutes) you cannot touch it, no exageration.
The footage even in 4k is generally abysmal, I had a motorcycle 5 meters in front of me who raced off at insane speed with a young female on the back. So i captured the image to submit it and I could not even read the number plate, even on my macbook pro hi res screen.
At night all I see are the brightest points of light i.e street lamps and headlights, nothing else
The reason is the camera wobbles all over the place on its cheap plastic mount, so much that it is constantly detecting 'collisions' and the red exclamation mark is practically permanently on.

Nextbase - more like LAST BASE....

My camera gets very hot also. My SD card which is also Nextbase has failed twice and Nextbase are slow to return my emails. Does your sd card fail also?

no So far so good. I got a reply from Nextbase. Saying; it’s recording 4K & will get hot, hence the metal casing to displace the heat... . I’m not convinced but seems to be working ok....

Im on my 3rd unit in 5 months. Battery / bluetooth issues. Today someone bumped into my car.. went to get the camera off and could hardly touch it.. unit was very hot but the connector port was skin scalding hot... best bit... it didnt record a single thing today... including the accident... not impressed with the 622 Nextbase. Luckily they admitted responsibility but if I needed the footage I'd have been stuck.. not a good product.

Hi Tim,

Going by your other thread and direct message, it sounds like you're either having an SD card issue, a rear camera issue or a power cabling issue. I've responded to your other thread and message.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back