Nextbase 612GW Corrupt files when you need evidence the most

Dixy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using dashcams for years since we have been stalked by untraceable vehicles. This year I purchased two Nextbase 612GW Dashcams to replace my aging RoadHawk HD2 through Amazon, at the same time I purchased a load of new 128GB memory cards. Sadly these dashcams are hopelessly defective even after updating the firmware, I am constantly getting the memory card full of files that Windows 10 Pro cannot access or read even though the dashcam indicates it is recording OK? Any advice please. Sadly in the last few weeks I have suffered two terrible incidents of reckless driving one almost cost my passengers and me my life which I would normally upload the video evidence to Operation Snap but because these 90% files are corrupted there is no evidence just a memory card of corrupt files and two dashcams think they are recording OK?

Here you go. Another silly question that you won't be able to answer as I have not given you any relevant information.
Oh, and while you are at it, my Honda car is broken, can you fix it please?

But Out of jest mode.
Have you tried formatting the card AND if that doesn't work, trying a different card?

BTW. These dashcams are not 'hopelessly defective'. Have you considered that your choice of SD cards is bad, or that they are defective/unsuitable? Much more likely than two faulty cams.

M8TJT, Yes, repeatedly tried formatting the memory cards, tried 6 different batches of memory cards and different sizes of memory cards too. Oh by the way I am a qualified mechanic, driver and examiner of all groups and classes of vehicles, please stop offending people by your scarism, it only shows the contempt you have for yourself and others.

What cards have you used? Have you used a Nextbase card ?

I run a 612 never had any problems with recordings or crashing before. I record between an official 128GB Nextbase SD Card and a Sandisk Extreme 128GB card on my 612. The 612 is an immense bit of kit imo the quality is great I find, really happy with mine. I tend to format my 128GB cards every week or two on the 612.

@Dixy As "a qualified mechanic, driver and examiner of all groups and classes of vehicles" (although I don't see that this is in the slightest bit relevant to this thread) you should be aware that claims need substantiating by evidence and your rant about the 612 had none. Now that you have further enlightened us as to what you have tried to actually resolve your 'problem' perhaps your statement about the quality of the 612 carries a little more weight. But see post #4.
It would however, possibly have been better had you asked for help with the cameras to see if anyone could assist you in finding a solution, or better still, contacted Nexbase support directly for help before creating an unsubstantiated public rant that helps no one, and likely even antagonise them to your cause. I feel certain that Nextbase will 100% appreciate your comments "these dashcams are hopelessly defective" about their devices.

M8TJT, Yes, repeatedly tried formatting the memory cards, tried 6 different batches of memory cards and different sizes of memory cards too. Oh by the way I am a qualified mechanic, driver and examiner of all groups and classes of vehicles, please stop offending people by your scarism, it only shows the contempt you have for yourself and others.
what cards have you been using?

what cards have you been using?

YES! This is the most crucial question as few SD cards work well with dashcams (and that short list is ever-changing).

Phil

@Dixy I feel certain that Nextbase will 100% appreciate your comments "these dashcams are hopelessly defective" about their devices.
It does seem a coincidence for both Dashcams to be defective as the OP puts it. I also thought it was a bit unfair to publicly slate the 612 in this manner as it seems unlikely that both Dashcams can be defective together and maybe it is a problem with the SD Cards being used? Or have they been formatted to the correct format? or does the PC/Laptop the OP is trying to view them on have a problem when it comes to viewing maybe?

Nextbase are a great company to deal with and it's the only brand I will ever use when it comes to dashcams even before how they've looked after me when I had a fault with my Dashcam I always swore by them. And if you've read previous comments on the forum in the Nextbase sections when people have had problems Nextbase support are always very swift to reply and help to sort the problem out.

Hi Dixy,

Thanks for you question. From your comments I'd suggest that the SD cards that you're using, although 128GB, are unsuitable for use in Dash Cams. Most SD cards are not designed to be used for continuous over-writing, and the manufactures void the warranties if used within a Dash Cam because of their unsuitability. Their compatibility can be checked in the T&Cs of the specifications of the card; whether they maintain a warranty, or are voided.

Please can you provide some pictures of the various cards you've used and I'll be able to tell you whether they're designed for use in Dash Cams.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
RichardG062 612GW 4
T 612GW 43
B 612GW 12
M 612GW 12
Back