Nextbase 612GW Operating Temperature

RichardG062

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a 612GW and first journey out very pleased with the quality and smoothness of the video. One question I do have and this may apply to other dashcams or dashcams in general but is there an operating temperature threshold for the device? If the unit is in the vehicle and you have parking mode enabled then you want the camera to work all the time but electronic don't generally like sunny/hot conditions., So if you inside vehicle temperature reaches or exceeds 30C the dashcam electronics are going to get very hot. Any suggestions in overcoming this issue apart from removing the camera when you are away from the vehicle which sort of defeats the point of having one!

Regards

Richard

your car will get to 30c in winter, in summer you can easily get interior temps into the 80's

Even in good old Blighty.

I am praying for blistering temperatures again this year, though that will probably off a lot of Danish farmers struggling to recover from last year.
But i dont mind to say i am selfish and i just love me some hot weather, even now where i have +40 KG of fat to make sure my core temperature don't go down.

When you open your car door on a summer day and it feel like a blast furnace, then it is.
Maybe not steel melting blast furnace, but a lot of everyday things you really don't want to expose to such heat, from children / pets to a phone or a dashcamera.
And of those really only dashcams are in some cases attempted made to deal with such a harsh environment.

Back