Nextbase 622gw blocky and shaky footage

james37611

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am a new Dashcam user and have bought the Nextbase 622gw last week. I tried it out on Saturday and having not wired it up to the car yet I thought I'd try it in the coach I was driving on Saturday.

I had been looking through the menu, and I did forget to set it to 4K 30fps, so this recording ended up in 1080p 60FPS, and I had image stabilisation on and had it set to High files only, not dual high and low.

On viewing the footage, it seems blocky, like some sort of pixel disorientation, and a bit shaky over bumps as well which gives that sort of blocky fuzzy effect. I have uploaded a 12 second example video here:

I doesn't seem right, especially compared to other 622gw videos, I'm wondering if I've set it up wrong? I am also using a Nextbase own branded U3 Industrial Grade Micro SD 128GB.

Any help appreciated!

James.

Welcome to the forum James.

Dashcams do deal in moderate bitrates from a heat generation perspective and also file size, this lesser bitrate mean that in situations with a lot to resolve the camera can not keep up and so start to kick out blocks in the road surface and skies.
Try make a recording in a nice open place though this dont seem too bad, and i think you will find it better, alternative make a recording driving down a lane flanked with trees, maybe some sun filtering thru and it get really hard to keep up.

My 4K action camera do fine such places but it is also 100 mbit in bitrate VS the 30 or so in a dashcam.

Hello James,

I'd recommend disabling Image Stabilisation so that you can set the camera to record at 4K @ 30FPS. Please also ensure you're using the MyNextbase Player computer app to playback footage, as this should show the true image. You can also use a good Media Player such as VLC.
Your footage should then be smooth and clear.

If you do have any further issues, please contact support@nextbase.com, and we'll then send a footage request link to you. We can then analyse the footage and see if it matches the expected footage quality.

Kind regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Support

Back