Nextbase 622GW

Luke9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw
Nextbase have posted info about their new 622GW Camera i thought i would share the link

Just seen this myself. Looks an immense bit of kit. Sounds like the night vision is going to be vastly improved aswell. Can't wait to get my hands on one at some point to see how it compares to my 612.

Still a way off yet though, but hold on to your hollyhocks....

ƒ/1.3 is a wide aperture, wider than say, the A129 which is ƒ/1.6, so it will let in about 67% more light.... I think...

I wonder if this camera will suffer the reported battery and DAB radio problems that seem to plague their other cams?

If the night vision is this good it is going to be a massive upgrade over the 612. The 612 is a mega bit of kit but the night vision isn't as clear as that...
85f6ae94bdace5731319ca02af36c34e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I wonder if this camera will suffer the reported battery and DAB radio problems that seem to plague their other cams?
I've not noticed any DAB problems with mine yet. I run a 612 in the front and 312 in the rear DAB works spot on so far for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's not the individual cameras. It's the ones with the rear cam connected to the front one by a long cable that seems to be giving the DAB trouble for some users.

Yea, it's the cable. It has to be routed correctly which can be trial and error.

Quick bump on the post above by @M8TJT - the interference occurs across other brands with rear cams, just so that readers do not think it's a specific cam problem.

Paul.

The NEXTBASE 622GW seems to pair with only ONE phone maximum. If you want to pair it with another phone then you have to delete the first phone and go through the full pairing cycle again, which itself is very clunky, hit and miss and does not work most of the time. So if you have two users for a car/camera then this camera is an absolute nightmare. I have seen on another forum here that NextBase was promising that more than phones can be paired (but only one phone can be used at a time) but that appears to have not happened. I purchased my camera today and have the updated software both on the camera and the two phones so despite the company promising that this will be changed since 2019 it has not done so till today. The screen data says paired deviceS and shows a "+" sign for adding devices but it is completely misleading and false. If I had known this I would have never purchased this camera. Unfortunately, my camera will have to go back tomorrow. Search for a better quality dashcam continues...

Welcome to DCT @SKI :)
Thanks for the info; Nextbase isn't what they once were :( All I can suggest is that you choose a cam based on what it does right now- more than a few cams never got any farther along than that.

Phil

Agree, sadly IMO the series 2 dashcams weren't thought out properly. I had 3 Nextbase cams but the series 2 I noticed from the promotional material wasn't for me.

Still on a ball joint and still internal not user replaceable battery.

You can't go far wrong with a solid discrete mount and super capacitor.

Just talked to "technical support 020 920 866 429" at Nextbase. To put it politely - Quite useless & waste of time. Said that they will pass it on to development or I could try to talk to their "Level 2" support, which is not available evryday. The reality - the software & instructions on NEXTBASE 622 are knowingly misleading and wrong. Only one devide can be connected to the camera. To connect another device one is required to uninstall the first device and go through really crappy Nextbase software on the second phone/device EACH time. In short, if more than one person uses your car/vehicle do not buy NEXTBASE device, until and unless you have too much time and patience to install and unsinstall devices using relly clunky software. Absolutely low end software for a device which is sold as a premium product at premium price.

I have seen on another forum here that NextBase was promising that more than phones can be paired (but only one phone can be used at a time) but that appears to have not happened.

Link please?

Just talked to "technical support 020 920 866 429" at Nextbase. To put it politely - Quite useless & waste of time. Said that they will pass it on to development or I could try to talk to their "Level 2" support, which is not available evryday. The reality - the software & instructions on NEXTBASE 622 are knowingly misleading and wrong. Only one devide can be connected to the camera. To connect another device one is required to uninstall the first device and go through really crappy Nextbase software on the second phone/device EACH time. In short, if more than one person uses your car/vehicle do not buy NEXTBASE device, until and unless you have too much time and patience to install and unsinstall devices using relly clunky software. Absolutely low end software for a device which is sold as a premium product at premium price.

Link please?
That is correct. However, they have not actually done anything for more than a year. The literature in the manual and instructions on the machines are very misleading. The person on the helpline was speaking as if the instructions were clear and I was misunderstanding them. It is such really basic stuff...even internet/Bluetooth connected light fittings can seamlessly switch between multiple users with 0 problems. Returning the product...

I read all that. I wanted to see the link to the forum post that said what you told us - "I have seen on another forum here that NextBase was promising that more than phones can be paired (but only one phone can be used at a time) but that appears to have not happened."

I read all that. I wanted to see the link to the forum post that said what you told us - "I have seen on another forum here that NextBase was promising that more than phones can be paired (but only one phone can be used at a time) but that appears to have not happened."
I read it here. (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/bluetooth-pairing-2-phones.39390/) See if this takes you to the page. Otherwise, I can PDF & send it to you. The discussion relates to 522 (?) model but the same issue

Thank you SKI.

I've googled to find the possibility of dashcams dong it, but as far as I can see, there may be just ONE anywhere by any makers that can do it. Let me know if you find otherwise sometime. (NEXAR).

It appears that NB are not alone in this...

Paul.

Sorry that you've discovered this the tough way @SKI

Though it shouldn't be, dashcams usually fall short of meeting their promises and user-expectations o_O Which is why you need to research your choices well before buying. That's an important function of these forums, at least with the cams we discuss here. I was lucky in finding DCT before I bought my first dashcam and it saved me much grief. And it inspired me to join in with all the good people here to try to help others regards dashcams :) But the usual is that people come here only after they've bought their cam seeking help with problems, and there's only so much we can do to help them at that point :(

Glad you can return the cam but now you're back at the start needing a 2-channel dashcam with the features you seek. Make a list of one's you're considering and a list of the features you want from most important to least. Research those cams well and find what those who use them have experienced. You won't get everything you want but you can get most of it :cool: Between those two lists and your research you'll quickly be down to one or two viable cams- from there you can make better choices, and as always folks here at DCT and always glad to help when we can.

Phil

Back