Nextbase dash cam 612gw

Mickeymost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me if I can download the latest firmware for my camera using a I pad pro

Thanks

No thank you I won’t get in touch direct. I want everyone on this site to see what you say

Thank you

It's not a case of not wanting anyone to see our answers - it would be the same whoever contacted us.

This forum, however much we try, cannot be responded to like direct contact over the phone where problems are resolved instantly.

What firmware are you on now?

From R03.7 you can update via the App, anything before you cannot.

Thank you for your very quick reply. I was told when I bought the 2 items that they were upto date and did not require a firmware update as they were new in stock items. I should not have to update the items right away. I was disgusted by that and that is why I will never use Halfords products again.

Thank you once again

That's plain stupid as it's usually the same no matter where you buy computery stuff from. Invariably, the first thing that they/you have to do is update the firm/software.
What makes you think that any other supplier will 'do better'. Some manufacturers don't even offer updates.
At least you got a reply within 6 minutes from the Nextbase 'rep' offering a solution. (beat that other makers). If you are silly enough not to accept that, then that's your problem.
Cutting of nose to spite face springs to mind.

Apart from that, your 'beef' is with Halfords as your contract of purchas is with them, not Nextbase.

Last edited:
Is it Halfords that advised you of that?

There is a slip in the box that says "Please visit our website to check for the latest available firmware...."when you open the box to make sure the firmware is updated as soon as possible: see image below.

Devices need updating for a few reasons: mainly to improve something, to fix a bug or change something within the device. Not only our DVRs that experience this, computers/mobile phones/tablets/activity trackers all need updates in the same way.

You can check you firmware version in the menu - under system info: if you or any other customers need help updating, we're here everyday to help.

Call: 02920 866 429
Email: support@nextbase.co.uk
Live Chat: www.nextbase.co.uk

1522077813815.png

I agree. The 612 may have been sat in Halfords for some weeks so arrived with base firmware. Since it arrived, Nextbase have updated the firmware, as they do.

Thanks for insisting on posting here :whistle:

Updates are required in so many products capable of being updated.

My Epson printer required it after the third time I'd switched it in for printing.

My Panasonic TV that I paid £1100 for updated twice in the first week.

As it happens, I merely did it on each occasion and didn't come into a forum to lambast a company.

Oh and my Windows 10 (software) updates every now and again and OMG my phone apps update every day!!!

Just saying....

But OP wants to know how to do it for a 612 on an iPad Pro, but would sooner sound off about it rather than contact Nextbase like suggested by them. :woot:

Never owned anything apple but as long as you can download a .zip, unpack it, then get the .bin file(s) onto a SD card.

Not the sort of request I would expect NB to support until the .bin is on a card.

Not the sort of request I would expect NB to support until the .bin is on a card.
Possibly not K, but Tiffany had offered to help him the next working day after his OP and has had a rant aimed at her instead of Halfords.
Even though Halfords are just doing what all other suppliers do, unfortunately one of their till monkeys made an incorrect assumption and thus incorrectly advised Mickeymost.

Mickeymost-Sad to say your gun was loaded and the bullet was on the way, even before you actually asked the question. To be honest you're being ridiculously childish in your attitude, which to be frank, would not even have been entertained by myself, until you had come down off your pedestal.

Back