Nextbase / DOD Lens Mounting

A13x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a little something i decided to do this week. I wanted the ability to fit different lenses onto my dashcam so started off the first bit. Finding a lens and finding a mount.

I found just that and now working on fitting it to the dashcam while retaining a nice look. For some strange reason the Nextbase 402g had a lip on the top, it was the smallest lip and i couldnt work out what it was for so i decided to file it down. By filing it down it made more space for a lens mount because it no longer got in the way

My next step is to look at using some putty to fill in the gaps and make the mount optional, so i can screw it in and out. This should give it a nice smooth black feel however i have not yet worked with putty so unable to comment if the job will be messy or not.

Has anyone else mounted a lens to this dash cam?

Attachments

• 20160203_174634 copy.jpg
    20160203_174634 copy.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20160203_174644 copy.jpg
    20160203_174644 copy.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 31
Ok i have ordered some epoxy black putty to fix into place later on this weekend. until then some black duct tape holds it into place and the finish looks pretty good

I wanted the ability to fit different lenses onto my dashcam

You mean different lenses or CPL lens filter ?

once you have a lens mount you can mount any lens that fits
Camera lens mount is inside camera. I guess you meant to say CPL lens filter and its mount ? ;)

Back