Nextbase Duo HD Hardwire Problem

londonse25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I got the missus a duo hd and nextbase hardwire kit.

I've installed everything but the piggyback fuse adapter is only working with one thing at a time.

So if I plug in to the brake light fuse and piggyback in on the correct slot nearest the adapter pins, the camera won't work. If I take out the piggybacked fuse (or move it to the adapter slot furthest away from the adapter pins) then the camera works but the brake lights now obviously don't.

Same with the rear wiper fuse, the Aircon fuse etc...

I can only get one thing in the piggyback chain to work at a time, not both.

Thinking about giving up and going down Halfords but dammit I shouldn't have to

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

you have 2 fuses installed in the fuse tap?

No, just one in the tap. Have tried the tap out in various fuse sockets on the fuse box, but only ever piggybacked one in to it.

needs two fuses per tap, the bottom one is for the original circuit, the top one is for the output of the tap

needs two fuses per tap, the bottom one is for the original circuit, the top one is for the output of the tap

Awesome, thanks jokiin, will give that a shot - why they don't say that in instructions I don't know!

don't know, I always thought it would be obvious, two fuse slots, two fuses

As a relative novice, I thought the second slot was there to piggyback something else optional from, should you so wish . When all of the literature says 'this is easy' and none of it says 'you gotta fill the second slot' it's probably only obvious to people who don't need to be told 'this is easy' or ask questions on forums. Just wish I was clever enough to realise it was obvious and could have saved everybody, including myself, a lot of time. Dummy, I am, obviously. Thanks again for your help.

don't feel bad, you're not the first one to be confused by this, I'm sure you won't be the last

And when you come across the thread that has a lengthy debates on which way around to fit the piggy back into the fuse box you will probably get even more confused. but in practice it almost always makes no practical difference.

And when you come across the thread that has a lengthy debates on which way around to fit the piggy back into the fuse box you will probably get even more confused. but in practice it almost always makes no practical difference.

Oh that I was ready for - patiently worked out the permutations and tried them all. Seriously, if I had any hair I would've pulled it out!

Back