Nextbase Duo HD - some minor niggles - advice please

Horrgakx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I have a NextBase Duo HD which has been running in my car for a couple of weeks. I've got a couple of issues which I'd like advice on if anyone can help please....?

The parking mode. I think this is a good idea however when I get into the car it sets off the parking mode (obviously because the car moves when I get in) and then does some odd things.
Once or twice I've heard the "shutter" sound and it has taken some still pictures - which I find a bit weird because what's the point in it taking still pictures?
However a lot of the time, as you can see from the screenshot below, it's still in Parking Mode even after I've been driving for 5 minutes, and it doesn't record during this time. In this instance below I pressed the "RECORD/OK" button and it asked me if I want to format the card. Is this normal behaviour?

Have you changed the g sensor setting to off?

There is a bug in the firmware (confirmed with Nextbase last June but still unfixed). With parking mode enabled, the duo uses the g-sensor to determine if the car is moving (and so to determine if it should be recording normally or just recording a short parking mode incident and then switching off after a few minutes) . However, if you change the g-sensor setting to off, instead of just not using the g-sensor to determine if it should protect a file or not, it also disables parking mode's use of the g-sensor, so unless you get into the car so carefully as not to trigger parking mode, or wait until the camera switches off before (very gently!) engaging the ignition (so the duo powers up because it detects a current its power cable) it will still think it is recording a parking mode incident.

I've also occasionally had the shutter click and very occasionally a reformat card Y\N message but both can be ignored\cancelled.

Matthew

P.S. the P icon means that Parking Mode is enabled not that it is making Parking mode recording.

Back