Nextbase Duo HD

_mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking using this cam to record sideways for parking monitoring, but I would prefer the installation can be discrete.

Has anyone tried this solution for similar purpose?

I also had a random idea - it would be great if both left and right lens/cam are long wired and flexible for us to attach anywhere, while we can keep the Center console to glove box or hidden area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
they're not the most discrete of cams unfortunately

they're not the most discrete of cams unfortunately

Any recommendation? I don’t really need screen. General long parking monitoring is more important.

Do you mean the sides of the car?

Take a look at this thread for a *slightly* more discrete method of mounting: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/duo-hd-uk-mounting-problems-kindly-resolved-by-nextbase.32460/

The reason I’m asking because my car was hit while parked. My front camera wake up but didn’t capture offending car. I think this problem is common.

I’m looking to capture sideways instead of front and back. I cannot find a easy way to monitor sideways for parking mode with gsensor support and better battery life without investing in hardwiring/battery pack.

I think Duo HD solution is almost perfect for my use case, except if I can hide the camera body completely and detach lens with long wire to the side windows or a hidden position... then there’s no brainer and i would happily buy two Duo HD.

Since front and back of the car has many solutions in the market already, it’s not a big problem. I feel this is a blank market opportunity for side windows.

The other product seems interesting was Phillip ADR920 with 360 degree full monitoring, but it’s not easy to get this camera. It seems to be only available in the Asia market.

If the car is parked at home, a home CCTV camera might be a better option

Do you mean the sides of the car?

Take a look at this thread for a *slightly* more discrete method of mounting: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/duo-hd-uk-mounting-problems-kindly-resolved-by-nextbase.32460/

Do you know how does nextbase Duo camera are context to the control board? Are they contected via black/red wires?

Will be connected with a ribbon cable, probably around 16 or so wires

Back