Nextbase iN-CAR CAM™ 402-G Professional doesn`t want to open

decebal12000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this Nextbase iN-CAR CAM™ 402-G Professional and doesn`t want to open after I connected to the computer. I tried to do a firmware update and it did not work and also I tried to do a reset but the camera doesn`t open at all. The red light blinks twice and it goes blank.

Does anybody know why it does that?

Thanks.

Three probable reasons, applicable to the majority of dashcams:

1. Computer USB ports often don't provide enough power to run a dashcam. Use a wall/mains adapter charger with an output of 5V and a minimum 1A.

2. Dashcams often 'convert' themselves into a simple file-storage device when plugged into a PC, to allow the PC to view/watch/download their files. Cams don't usually behave like a cam when connected to a PC although a few have optional settings which allow them to function like a webcam.

3. Firmware updates are usually done by using the PC to save the update file onto the micro sd card while the card is in the PC (card removed from the cam), then insert the card into the cam, then switch on the cam, then leave the cam undisturbed for several minutes to complete the update.

Last edited:
Three probable reasons, applicable to the majority of dashcams:

1. Computer USB ports often don't provide enough power to run a dashcam. Use a wall/mains adapter charger with an output of 5V and a minimum 1A.

2. Dashcams often 'convert' themselves into a simple file-storage device when plugged into a PC, to allow the PC to view/watch/download their files. Cams don't usually behave like a cam when connected to a PC although a few have optional settings which allow them to function like a webcam.

3. Firmware updates are usually done by using the PC to save the update file onto the micro sd card while the card is in the PC (card removed from the cam), then insert the card into the cam, then switch on the cam, then leave the cam undisturbed for several minutes to complete the update.

I tried to do the updates but after the blue light disappears the camera doesn`t react at all. It stays just blank. Is it any way to reset the camera apart of the reset button?

I tried to do the updates but after the blue light disappears the camera doesn`t react at all. It stays just blank. Is it any way to reset the camera apart of the reset button?

Maybe the update failed and the cam is now dead, often referred to by cam owners as 'bricked'.
Does the cam work if you format the micro sd and power-up the cam in your car?

I assume you've gone through the Nextbase official update process > link <

You could also try one more time, but use the cam's 12v-to-5v adapter instead of a computer USB port.

If that fails, it's probably a brick and you'll need to see what Nextbase have to say.
Whatever the outcome, please report back because other people might find your topic after searching with the same problem. There's not a lot of love for Nextbase on this forum.

Everything started after the camera was in the laptop to watch the films and afterwards when I put it back on the camera it did not want to start anymore. Everything was blank and no lights. On the laptop was as a storage device activated only.

Do you thing I will have a chance to bring it back to life?

Contact Nextbase. If you arange to return the cam via your retailer it may end up being sent away for several weeks for 'repair' (during which time you'll be without a cam) whereas Nextbase support might be able to help you get the cam running within a few days.
Let us know how you get on. I'm genuinely interested to hear how good Nextbase customer support is.

Contact Nextbase. If you arange to return the cam via your retailer it may end up being sent away for several weeks for 'repair' (during which time you'll be without a cam) whereas Nextbase support might be able to help you get the cam running within a few days.
Let us know how you get on. I'm genuinely interested to hear how good Nextbase customer support is.
I will try to contact them as soon as I will have time to do so

I did not manage to contact them as the camera started to work but it does something different like is flashing purple and white and I do not know why. It is not every time I start the camera but at every third time or so. Is it normal?

I did not manage to contact them as the camera started to work but it does something different like is flashing purple and white and I do not know why. It is not every time I start the camera but at every third time or so. Is it normal?

What's flashing purple and white? The screen? The LED?

Apart from whatever is flashing, is the camera working normally?
Is it saving the last file of each session/journey? Is it retaining date and time correctly?

What's flashing purple and white? The screen? The LED?

Apart from whatever is flashing, is the camera working normally?
Is it saving the last file of each session/journey? Is it retaining date and time correctly?
The LED is flashing.

Back