Nextbase iQ install problems

LimaNiner

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Nextbase iQ 4K
I’ve tried for several hours, over 2 sessions, to install a new Nextbase iQ 4K, without success. It has power from the OBD port and I’ve tried with the device several yards from my wifi to as little 6 inches away. Upon power up, signal strength registers as “no signal” then goes to either weak or medium signal, and occasionally strong signal. The only icon that has shown is the spinning arrows (Device On-boarding Mode). Customer support suggested I invert the antennas but that didn’t work. Any ideas?

I’ve tried for several hours, over 2 sessions, to install a new Nextbase iQ 4K, without success. It has power from the OBD port and I’ve tried with the device several yards from my wifi to as little 6 inches away. Upon power up, signal strength registers as “no signal” then goes to either weak or medium signal, and occasionally strong signal. The only icon that has shown is the spinning arrows (Device On-boarding Mode). Customer support suggested I invert the antennas but that didn’t work. Any ideas?

I don't have this device but was wondering if you are getting interference from the car.

Is it possible to set this system up on the bench e.g. away from the car just to prove it does work?

Back