NextBase logo in new firmware in 412GW

Do you actually want the logo in your captures?

• Yes, I would like it to be there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, no way

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • I don't mind if it's there

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

TheDascamNewbie

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
NextBase 412GW
I purchased a 412GW couple of days back and I seemed to have the option to turn off manufacturer logo. Obviously I decided to get the lastest update (R12.4) and it seems I am stuck with manufacturer logo. As much as I like NextBase I would like my video to be unbranded!

So do you have a feedback on when a new firmware release is due to get rid of the logo? Trust me when I say this, in itself it's worth a new firmware release! ;)

Welcome @TheDascamNewbie

There isn't an option to remove the logo I'm sorry, I believe it isn't going to be coming in future updates either.

Of course if this changes I can let you know.

There are a lot of cams that have non-removable logos, personally I also think it sucks!!

However... if you position your cam pointing ever so slightly lower so the logo and details are "on the dashboard" in the shot, you could always crop them out during editing if you like editing and uploading clips

My front cam doesn't have the logo but has the "number plate". I actually have Saul Goodman's (Breaking Bad) number plate on mine instead (LWYR UP) but if I were to have my own Reg number and wanted to upload to youtube, I'd crop the frame slightly so the plate and date/time stamp are off shot :)

Welcome @TheDascamNewbie

There isn't an option to remove the logo I'm sorry, I believe it isn't going to be coming in future updates either.

Of course if this changes I can let you know.

Hey Tiffany, thanks for the welcome.

Do you have a link to a changelog for each releases of firmware? Also do you have an archive of old firmware releases?

Based on the changes I might consider rolling back to a older firmware.

Cheers!

There are a lot of cams that have non-removable logos, personally I also think it sucks!!

However... if you position your cam pointing ever so slightly lower so the logo and details are "on the dashboard" in the shot, you could always crop them out during editing if you like editing and uploading clips

My front cam doesn't have the logo but has the "number plate". I actually have Saul Goodman's (Breaking Bad) number plate on mine instead (LWYR UP) but if I were to have my own Reg number and wanted to upload to youtube, I'd crop the frame slightly so the plate and date/time stamp are off shot :)

Neat trick! Thanks!

I don't use the number plate feature either, just in case I also want to upload some footage.

I put "GMT TIME" in mine so there's no confusion about the exact time should that be needed. I leave mine on GMT 24x7 = lazyitis

Same here on my 512GW ever since I got it. Have to be on the latest firmware for the rear cam.

I have mailed nextbase support to get a older version of firmware, let's hope they send me one. Do you guys know which was the last version with option for removing the logo? :unsure:

9.5 has the option to remove the logo, the later versions have the permanent logo with the option to remove the camera type info. 9.5 also doesn't have the red protected file info in the top righthand corner on playback.

I would like to add my two cents to this discussion. The forced logo on all footages is the only reason that I do not recommend people to buy a Nextbase Dashcam. I have paid dearly for my 412GW and 512GW so I am very disappointed that I cannot get clean footages with my Nextbase cams. That logo has nothing to do on my footages. I have paid full price to get a camera to make recordings and therefore I do not expect to have a big clumsy commercial logo ruining every single footage. None of my phones or other cameras that I have forcefully stamp all my photos and recordings with the manufacturer logo, so why should Nextbase? Nowhere on the packages or on the sales materials does it say that all recordings will be stamped with their commercial logo. You only discover this after you have bought it. This is very bad style!

9.5 has the option to remove the logo, the later versions have the permanent logo with the option to remove the camera type info. 9.5 also doesn't have the red protected file info in the top righthand corner on playback.
That's exactly what I was talking about and I got similar response from Nextbase support as from Tiffany here. I know that R9.5 had option to remove the logo because that's the first thing I did.

Maybe I needed to be more clear with my question!? o_O

Yes @TheDascamNewbie I believe you spoke to Ryan? Can I just confirm which Nextbase logo are we referring to?

9.5 firmware doesn’t have the option to remove the NB412GW in the bottom left corner. You can remove all other information.

There is another “Nextbase” that can/cannot be applied in the top left (9.5 on 412GW).

Thank you @Engine1, your opinions do matter to us as do all, this is how we grow. I am really sorry the Logo is frustrating you at the moment.

Same here....reverted back to 9.5 as the logo is annoying, as is the dual files.

:mad::mad:

@Kremmen Thank you for the DL that was the firmware I was looking for.

Have to say I do love the 412GW but the Hi/Lo recordings is a pain to go through and I would rather not have the main logo showing.

It doesn't bother me as only I see it. Maybe insurance companies want to make sure you have a valid manufacturer/model to give you a discount, :guessing:

If Nextbase want to have their logo, then fair enough but allow us to select which corner of the display. I would choose one of the bottom corners.

Or simply change the model number, bottom left, to be "Nextbase" instead of NB.

Yes @TheDascamNewbie I believe you spoke to Ryan? Can I just confirm which Nextbase logo are we referring to?

9.5 firmware doesn’t have the option to remove the NB412GW in the bottom left corner. You can remove all other information.

There is another “Nextbase” that can/cannot be applied in the top left (9.5 on 412GW).

Thank you @Engine1, your opinions do matter to us as do all, this is how we grow. I am really sorry the Logo is frustrating you at the moment.

Yes I had a conversation with Ryan. I can only confirm about logo in R9.5 after rolling back. I am still fiddling around with the dashcam and haven't had the time to test it properly. For me having a logo is great, I might even want to flaunt it. The issue is here that it should depend on me and my wish and not being forced by the manufacturer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
J 412GW 22
T 412GW 6
Back