NextBase logo in new firmware in 412GW

Do you actually want the logo in your captures?

• Yes, I would like it to be there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, no way

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • I don't mind if it's there

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
I had that issue. Shame the filter isn't of the 'clicky' type to offer some resistance to movement.

Anyone here knows why is it taken SOOO long for a rear cam for the 512GW been so long making wanna dump it and by another.

Any news on the new firmware Tiffany??

Hi @jlguk

Firstly, thank you so much for taking time to edit the software in this way.

However I must warn customers it would void the warranty if this unauthorised and untested firmware was installed.

Now onto the good news - with a small number of customers wishing to have the logo removed, we have just confirmed that a logo free version of the firmware will be available for ALL models.

This will be a separate firmware to current versions and available from us directly.

This should be available in around one week.

We can be contacted be email: support@nextbase.co.uk, call: 02920 866 429 or Live Chat www.nextbase.co.uk.

Is this out yet, along with the option to turn low files off?

Thanks.

Hello @Zed4

Not on the low resolution files removal but the logo is being removed from one firmware for customers to use if they wish.

It's not quite there for all models - only some but we're testing the rest as quick as we can.

Hello @Zed4

Not on the low resolution files removal but the logo is being removed from one firmware for customers to use if they wish.

It's not quite there for all models - only some but we're testing the rest as quick as we can.
Which ones do you have ready?

Ahh, ok... I’ll keep 9.5 until the low res files become removable.

What is going on with the 1+ month ago promised FW upgrades? Why are they still not yet available for download from the Nextbase homepage?

Most are available - the others are being tested.

They won't ever be available to download from Nextbase homepage, if a customer requests it from us then we can provide it.

Last edited:
Most are available - the other are being tested.

They won't ever be available to download from Nextbase homepage, if a customer requests it from us then we can provide it.
Brilliant, Tiffany. Can you send me the firmware for the 412GW please, thank you.

Not available yet, shall I email you when it is?

Hey @NextBase Tiffany, is there any updates on the ETA for the next 412GW firmware. This is to remove the high and low files?

Last edited:
Is there any update on when the new 412GW firmware, where the logo is removed, will be available?

The latest firmware(6.2) does give the option to save as a single hi res file but unfortunately still that annoying Nextbase logo.I,m informed by nextbase that there is no further update for my model the 412GW
I,ve reverted back to the file mailed to me version R13.2.I can put up with deleting the lo res files as it's quicker than cropping and losing part of the hi res video.I,m using the hi res files for youtube videos of my journeys in my motorhome.The scandinavian tour of 6500 miles was a nightmare to edit,never again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
J 412GW 22
T 412GW 6
Back