NextBase logo in new firmware in 412GW

Do you actually want the logo in your captures?

• Yes, I would like it to be there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, no way

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • I don't mind if it's there

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Hi @jlguk

Firstly, thank you so much for taking time to edit the software in this way.

However I must warn customers it would void the warranty if this unauthorised and untested firmware was installed.

Now onto the good news - with a small number of customers wishing to have the logo removed, we have just confirmed that a logo free version of the firmware will be available for ALL models.

This will be a separate firmware to current versions and available from us directly.

This should be available in around one week.

We can be contacted be email: support@nextbase.co.uk, call: 02920 866 429 or Live Chat www.nextbase.co.uk.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the version that allows the non recording of the lo file. That's my bugbear. I want to be able to hold over 8 hours on my 128Gb card and to be able to just download the hi-res file easily for keeps.

Hi @jlguk

However I must warn customers it would void the warranty if this unauthorised and untested firmware was installed.

Now onto the good news - with the increase in customers wishing to have the logo removed, we have just confirmed that a logo free version of the firmware will be available for ALL models.

This will be a separate firmware to current versions and available from us directly.

We can be contacted be email: support@nextbase.co.uk, call: 02920 866 429 or Live Chat www.nextbase.co.uk.

That's great news Tiffany - well done to Nextbase for listening to the feedback.

Of course custom firmware isn't detectable if replaced with stock firmware before return or a support request - but much better for it not to be needed in the first place however I am sure we can both agree.

Thanks again.

Now onto the good news - with a small number of customers wishing to have the logo removed, we have just confirmed that a logo free version of the firmware will be available for ALL models.

Thank you very much for the good news @NextBase Tiffany, this was the only part of my 512GW I was unhappy with. :)

This should be available in around one week

before or after the 512's rear cam? ;)

I'm sorry, that's a low blow even for me :ROFLMAO:

Honestly though, It wasn't so much the nextbase logo that people don't "like", it's the position and size within the frame. In older models it was small, along the bottom, the same size as the other on-screen info, and no more intrusive than any other company's branding on other cams

Will this separate firmware be available for all future updates or is this just a one off version!!
Cannot understand if you are doing this why you can't give us the option button to remove it if so desired as per version 9.5

I still think the best solution, if the advertising is preferred, is to change the NBDVR412GW or whatever it is, bottom left, to NEXTBASE 412GW instead.
Out of the main shot but Nextbase clearly shown.

Reactions: BJB
I voted ' I don't mind' , but @Kremmen's suggestion is an excellent compromise for those who are so dead against it. It will still give Insurance companies confirmation of where the footage was from....

Hi @jlguk

Hey Tiffany, thanks for the good news. So just to be clear, it will remove the top left logo? Also this will be baselined on R12.4 firmware?

Fantastic.... will it also remove the low files too??

I still think the best solution, if the advertising is preferred, is to change the NBDVR412GW or whatever it is, bottom left, to NEXTBASE 412GW instead.
Out of the main shot but Nextbase clearly shown.
That would be perfectly fine. I have no problem with Nextbase getting some free advertising, just not plastered across the actual footage! Think I'll get a copy in case I decide to use it, but I think I'll stick with 9.5 until the dual file (lack of switch) issue is addressed, if it ever is. I'm somewhat skeptical that it will happen, been more than 3 months since 12.4 was released!

I emailed support for the logo-free firmware for the 412GW, and they sent me R9.5

What happened to:

"This will be a separate firmware to current versions and available from us directly."?

Is there any updates on when a new firmware update will be out for removing low file recording

I suspect it's not ready yet
You suspect correctly.

"Moving forward there will be one firmware for each model that will have no logo.

This isn’t available yet but the development team are creating and testing it now."

As of 12:26 today.

Current:
8y6CjTs.jpg

My Suggestion:
4reCC3f.jpg

That should satisfy most I suspect. How do you do that? You need a polarising filter to get rid of the windscreen reflections or if you have one, it isn't 'set up' optimally.

That should satisfy most I suspect. How do you do that? You need a polarising filter to get rid of the windscreen reflections or if you have one, it isn't 'set up' optimally.
I took the nextbase blue logo from the co.uk. website "adjusted" it to yellow text with a black background and pasted it into a new layer, in Gimp. Same with the 412GW. bit of resizing and bingo. Obviously just a quick mock up for demo purposes.

Yes, I do have a polariser but it wasn't set up right as I'd had the cam out and forgot to adjust it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
J 412GW 22
T 412GW 6
Back