NextBase Player not running

faircot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
GW422
I've recently bought and installed a GW422 and it's running just fine. However, I can't get NextBase Player to run on my main Windows desktop although it runs fine on two similarly spec Window laptops. On my Desktop machine Player installs OK but if I click the icon to open Player nothing happens. Task Manager shows that two processes are running - but no UI.

Since it runs OK on two machines here I suspect that one of the prog's dependencies is missing or corrupted on this particular PC - but I've no idea what they could be. I've emailed Tech Support three times now and all I'm getting back from the three people who have replied are standard boilerplate responses which tell me that they haven't properly read my previous posts!

This is a summary of steps I've sent to NextBase to get the prog to run. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks very much for getting back to me. This non-loading is inconvenient rather than serious because I do have a couple of laptops here that will run the player. This PC and the laptops run up to date versions of Win10 with similar specs and security progs. I run a number of large graphics progs without any memory or system issues on this PC.

On this PC I can start Player and I can see two processes in Task Manager but no UI appears. I am using Player v4.9.0.

I have tried:
- Running the PC in safe mode and safe mode with networking
- Disabling all security progs (not that there are many)
- Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Player in Safe mode and normally

I suspect that one of the processes Player depends on is corrupt or missing from this machine but no other other software on this PC is affected and the whole machine runs smoothly.

In the dim and distant past I seem to recall this before and it was fixed here.

Thanks Kremmen. I've had a search but can't find anything in this place.

I thought it was here.

I think my first step would be an uninstall then a run with CCleaner to see if it finds anything.

Then sfc/scannow

Then DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then reinstall

Procmon is a bit heavy for most and difficult to follow.

Last edited:
Done all that. I use Revo Uninstaller and HiBit Uninstaller on all my kit here. I also use Kerish Doctor in real time. No issues anywhere.

In the real world I run a PC support service for households and small businesses but this sort of issue with a prog really requires an understanding of the code that the developer has used.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Glad you have an understanding of PC's. It's another of those things you can't diagnose from afar.

I think in most cases it has been people running the wrong version of the player, if it's running fine on his other computer though that won't be the issue

not sure if missing codecs might effect things though, not really familiar with their player, @NextBase Support might have some other ideas

The only other display problem like this I've heard of, based on the info given that it's running in task manager, is the display being off the monitor. This is usually detected by a taskbar icon.

Other then that I'm out of ideas.

not sure if missing codecs might effect things though, not really familiar with their player, @NextBase Support might have some other ideas
If I could only get NextBase support to read, understand and act upon my three email requests I'd be more than happy!

Hello,

As the Player functions correctly on your other two machines, it's certainly something specific running on your current computer which is preventing correct usage. If I could take your ticket number, I'll escalate this to our Senior Engineer to help with further.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Many thanks Millie. The last response to my ticket (130624) was by James a week ago.

Hi,

I can see that your ticket has already been escalated and you're dealing with James. On his last email he's asked for it to be tested in Safe Mode. Please can you do this and let him know how you get on? He'll then be able to assist further.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Millie
If he'd read my emails properly he would have seen that I've already tried this!

To quote my first post in this thread: (which was a copy of what I sent him)
" I have tried:
- Running the PC in safe mode and safe mode with networking
- Disabling all security progs (not that there are many)
- Completely uninstalling and reinstalling Player in Safe mode and normally"

One question :

You've said it appears to be running, just not displaying.

Is there an icon/tab in the lower menu bar ?

There's no indication the program's running apart from this indication in Task Manager.

Attachments

• Nextbase.jpg
    Nextbase.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
I know this is a different program but I wonder if any of these may force it to show ?

zwqkqml.jpg

Back